NO LONGER AVAILABLE: Stereovox Firebird cables - PRICE DROP... AND AGAIN ...

Firebird speaker cables (3m)............. Price: $600 (retail $1450) ... $500 ... $450 firm

Colibri-R interconnects (2m)............... Price: $400 (retail $935) ... $350 ...  $300 firm

HDJC jumpers - sold

Condition: Excellent

Reason for selling: Change in direction

Payment Method: Pickup – Cash; COD in Sydney metro; bank deposit (ship at buyer's expense)

For anyone in the know, these Chris Sommovigo designed cables are extremely well regarded. No longer available but still sold new overseas, the retail prices listed above are for the US market: they were more expensive in Australia.

The Firebird speaker cables I bought in Sydney four years ago. They employ proprietary Xhadow banana connectors and come with slip-on spade adapters (I have three pairs of the spades).

I bought the Colibri-R interconnects last September from a US dealer as an ex-demo pair. These were made in 2010 and recently re-terminated by Stereolab - as they're now called - in the US. These are the later design, as reviewed in the link further down. 

firebirdv.jpg

firebird2.jpg

colibrid.jpg

In the higher-end bracket, nothing ever impressed me as much as the Stereovox Firebird-Colibri combo. This review says it well:

http://www.soundstage.com/revequip/stereovox_colibri_r_firebird_followup.htm

Edited by goldiver

Hearty Thumbs up for Chris's cables-- these are a sonic bargain from the designer of the famed Illuminati Orchid Digital

I use his TOMBA / RX700i Ref series--they replaced Nordost Valhallas in my system.

Willco

Excellent cables. Local dealer let me take these home for a trial once. Hooked them up to Epos speakers from a Densen amp and front end. Quality sound, really tight bass. Totally unaffordable at the time though. This price is unbelievable. Good luck with sale mate.

• 1 month later...