RaspyFi Audiophile Linux Distro for the Raspberry Pi

RaspyFi is a brand new Linux Distro made specifically for the Raspberry Pi. It aims to fully integrate Mpd into current debian realeases and to optimize it for Audiophile-quality music playback. The final result is aimed to resemble the notorius Voyage-mpd distro, but tweaked and optimized for the little arm computer. It will definitely turn it in a cheap and low-powered audiophile source.

-512 mb model b support (but 256 models should work as well)
-based on latest raspbian image (2012-12-16-wheezy-raspbian)
-XMOS Native support (Hiface 2 is reported to be working)
-less space used and less processes active (shrinked to minimum requirements to get mpd running)
-fits on 2gb sd carD
-fat32 disk ready out of the boX
-volume can be set from client (Erik, this is for you!!)
-usb tweakings
-general quality improvements
-hdmi & analog audio disabled (no bcm2835 kernel module loaded at boot)
-mpd has higher priority set

known issues: -resampling always to 44.1

RaspyFi quick start guide
  • Like 1

I already worked through a lot of this a few months ago, but I could have just waited for this... but great to see it out there. The R-Pi getting quite a varied software and hardware ecosystem.

I already worked through a lot of this a few months ago, but I could have just waited for this... but great to see it out there. The R-Pi getting quite a varied software and hardware ecosystem.

Does that mean you can use your Pi for delivering USB audio with none of the noise issues?

Does that mean you can use your Pi for delivering USB audio with none of the noise issues?

yes, but like the "known issues" mentioned above I resample to 44100/16 to avoid glitches - although almost all my files are already at that rate.

• 9 months later...

Just to drag an old thread up - the latest release of Raspyfi V1.0 is working flawlessly for me. I'm using an Xmos / USB / I2s into a $20 ES9023 DAC. I've been listening solid for a couple of weeks now - currently vis a Naksa80 into my Lenehans.

No issues whatever, no clicks pops or random sounds, switches seamlessly between resolutions, have tried all from 44.1 - 192 everything in between. The sound is impressive for the price.

I like !!  finally got the hang of this noisy piece of fruit, and as the loser dad says of his son on the movie "BOY" - it has potential..

• Like 2