exchange ideas about audio and video system

rockyboy

I am from the winter country of Canada. The booming oil city of Calgary. Recently the local CBC radio was talking a lot of Calgarians worked in the oil industry went to the warm country of Austrilia for new jobs. So I would like to know something about this warm place.

Sydney has just had it's highest recorded temperature two days ago. 45.8 degrees Celsius. Are you used to high temperatures? These sort of conditions are reasonably rare in coastal areas where most of the population lives but in the interior of the continent they are common. Australia is a vast country so there are huge variations, so do your research. Good luck!

I am from the winter country of Canada. The booming oil city of Calgary. Recently the local CBC radio was talking a lot of Calgarians worked in the oil industry went to the warm country of Austrilia for new jobs. So I would like to know something about this warm place.

Most drive-by shootings approach from the opposite side of the road to what youre used to, so you might want to keep that in mind. This is mostly confined to the outer Sydney suburbs which are in the middle of a bikie turf war at the moment but most of the victims so far have been pre-selected targets so shopping in the CBD, Bondi Junction or Darling Harbour should be fine.

Hammer head sharks are not notoriously known to attack humans, but there will be ample warning given thanks to our volunteer surf rescue services, just remember to swim between the flags so any remains are easier to recover.

Unfortunately we dont have much oil at all, what little we do have has been laced with ethanol and is mostly used to keep our  motor repair industry thriving.

Hopefully your fellow Calgarians who came out here looking for oil didnt go wandering out into the Simpson recently, we had to redefine our temperature charts to include "ouch, ultra ultra hot" colour codes. (pls note how we spell colour ...)

All in all, its a great country, most of our more dangerous reptiles insects and fish have very distinctive naming conventions to assist medical staff in case of any emergency, all you have to do is describe its colour and species and they will be right onto the correct anti-venom to use, for example...yellow belly black snake, red back spider, brown snake, black snake, hammer head shark, salt water crocodile, fresh water crocodile, jelly fish, blue bottle jelly fish, brown dingo, black panther, red crested koala...(a rare species of carnivorous koala...careful they can drop from the trees, bites are usually more of an irritating nature than anything else )

I hope you find your friends from Calgary, although depending on the time of day they ventured out, chances could be slim

And don't forget that Australia also has some of the most dangerous birds in the world.

Magpies will dive bomb you and give you a good hard whack in the head during the nesting season (around Sep - Oct). Be especially careful if are a cyclist, as they always attack from behind. (I think every Australian has been swooped at some time, its almost a rite of passage).

If you have an outside barbeque, kookaburras will swoop down and steal your sausages (I have witnessed this first hand).

Emus are also a hazard in the bush. They have the remarkable ability to swallow a whole pasty in a single gulp (I have also witnessed this first hand).

If you are in north Queensland, then cassowaries can also be dangerous. They will charge at you and try to spear you with their clawed feet like a kick boxer (this is no joke, they really can do this - have a look on youtube).

And as for Australia's parrots, well, let's not even start on those!

Edited by emesbee