FS: Audio-gd Reference 5 DAC - 4 x PCM1704UK and DSP1 - twin transformer heavy chassis model

Item: Audio-gd Reference 5 DAC with 4 x PCM1704UK chips and DSP1 processor.
Location: Ingleburn, south-western Sydney - PICK-UP PREFERRED but will consider shipping
Price: $750 firm
Item Condition: Excellent
Reason for selling: Downsizing my system due to a change in domicile
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:

Where do I start... such a lovely DAC and incredible bang for the buck. This was intended to be my end-game DAC, but a change in circumstances means that I need to let this beast go.

This is the last of the original Reference 5 DACs featuring the heavy aluminium chassis and twin transformer power supply, rather than the lightweigh steel chassis and single transformer of the later version.

Simply sublime sound quality.

The DSP1 board provides excellent flexibility in choosing different oversampling, filtering and jitter reduction options.

This unit has been upgraded with the genuine audio-gd 75 ohm BNC connector and TTL board in place of the optical input. The optical board will be provided and may be installed in future if desired.

A genuine audio-gd Canare BNC to BNC cable is included.

Pick-up is greatly preferred as it eliminates shipping risk. However, I will consider shipping at the buyer's expense and risk. Please feel free to enquire about shipping costs.

info from audio-gd website: http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/dac/RE5/RE5EN.htm

(please excuse the minor dust and finger marks - the unit will be wiped down with a microfibre cloth prior to packing, as black shows up every last speck of dust!)

Pictures:

ref55.jpg

ref51.jpg

ref53.jpg

ref54.jpg

Four of these!

ref5sale1_zpsea48df41.jpg

ref58.jpg

BNC connection added:

re5finishedrear.jpg

Edited by pete_mac

If I could understand what "Four of these!" are then I'd be half way there to buying it.

*Don't explain please as it's all part of my journey to work this kinda 'stuff' out :)

GLWTS Pete.