FS Ascension Devastator 12 inch TL Subwoofer

Item: Item: Ascension Devastator 12 inch TL Subwoofer 120cm X 67cm X 45cm 260 LITRE 100KG 28 foot Labrynith REAL subsonic producing SUBWOOFER

Price:799 firm
Item Condition:good
Reason for selling: Major audio cull
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only or by negotiation
Extra Info:

Tired of playing with tiny flatulent toys pretending to be sub woofers? Want REAL sub sonics? Want to shake your house? Want to ROCK the foundations of the inner core of the earth? Well this is your beast. Genuine 28 foot labrynith transmission line with 1 Peerless 831857 12inch Drive unit 89dB efficient+ 1 NOS made in Denmark spare [$225 each] and well regarded Aussie Redgum RGSW1  180 w/rms plate amp [$650] + cabinet 4ft x 2.5ft X 1.5ft 28 ft transmission Line GODZILLA BEAST 100Kg! No skimping on second rate components here! This will go down to a real world usable 17Hz at -3 dB and is NOT recommended for timber frame fiber board houses unless you want to demolish your house by subsonic attack. That said used at sensible output levels it is musical and refined and only lets you know it's there when the source material allows. On coaster wheels with some broken due to the weight and could do with a new lick of paint. UPDATE Interstate delivery is possible for around $220 to the eastern states. WA QLD & NT please PM . Find out what real sub sonics can do for a truly cinematic AV experience. Priced to sell and will be NOT be open to negotiation. It cost over $1300 in parts alone to build for parts alone EXCLUDING the Box [approx$400]. Can be custom tuned in a variety of ways but works best crossed over between 30-50Hz producing the true sub sonics it was designed for. It has now been vastly improved in every aspect aside from efficiency. What you are getting here is the culmination of YEARS of listening & testing evolved into a fine musical instrument.  It has the speed, extension & musicality to match my new FOH HDF custom peerless 3ways that sound like electrostatic panels with mid transient attack, bass slam & impact & extended natural silky highs. When you hear a well recorded trumpet you instinctively want to wipe the trumpet spit from your face! There is now simply NO commercial single 12 inch sub in existence that I know of will equal the performance of this one. If I were to price according to performance it would be a BARGAIN at $3000. As it is my nature I will be improving things further with new H Duty lockable coaster wheels & Piano Finish style paint. When that happens I will price these accordingly a little closer to their true worth north of $1500 but STILL a hands down Bargain. Genuine buyers may varify my claims by appointed audition. BYO 2D Bluray. 2% of sale price donated to this website

Cheers

Picture

post-138297-0-29913800-1358470984_thumb.post-138297-0-83699400-1358471069_thumb.

Edited by thermonicavenger

4 teen boys read this over my shoulder

I am now under some pressure to purchase

They proposed we drive over from melb to pick up!!!

They want it in my 3m x 4m listening room in historical row ofvattached terrace houses for THEIR listening pleasure

While they may be dreaming as seller please don't consider this a purchase order

Besides there is no tram journey component

Edited by djb

Yes its name came about when I first built it. I was running it in with High SPL with the main speakers switched off sub only. One of my neighbors about 50 meters away called the CSIRO to enquire if there was any local seismic activity she should be aware of.She went around asking who else felt the prolonged tremor. No one told her the REAL reason, it was hilarious. My neighbor on the other side used to enjoy it rattling his house & would give me the thumbs up over the fence when the pans hanging in his Kitchen were rattling.[ex lead singer in a hard core punk band] I Had to completely rearrange my furniture to eliminate buzzes & rattles. That was a timber framed house and I'm convinced it's structural integrity was compromised by that Sub.

Pity you're in NSW. If you were local I could cart it round crank it up, crack a tinnie put on my shades and enjoy watching the total "Devastation" " I felt the earth move under my feet I felt the sky come tumbling down, a tumbling down" Only those who have felt the beast move the earth beneath their feet can truly respect it's power.

I dont get it, its a Peerless 12" driver and a 1000 watt amplifier? Would it really product that much bass compared to the other larger driver / amp subs out there? Genuine question, I am just surprised. Is it the box?

I think there's a little confusion there lonewolf. The Redgum RGSW1[their base model] puts out 180 w/rms into a nominal 8 ohm load. Its the TL loading that gives it it's authority.along with the current driving ability and dynamic headroom of the amp and quite a few years of tuning to get it just right. 180 is PLENTY believe me. I went through several speakers in various combinations before settling on this Peerless in single driver config. The Redgum is pretty much the same aside from a circuit board upgrade so you could build 2 devastators with the spare driver. The only advantage I could think of with using more power is less distortion on the transient peaks or if the speaker was less efficient but the cost effectiveness is pretty much thrown out the window & there are precious few class A/B's pumping out that much power. Most are class D. The 2 sub idea would be the most musically satisfying moving double the air and would cost about the same or less as adding a single mega amp.