The Common Denominator

Can I suggest that it might be due to atmospheric pressure? I'm not certain, but I believe that when rain is around air pressure is often higher. This in turn can impact your hearing - acting on your sinuses amonst other things, which in turn changes the pressure in your inner ears.

I have certainly experienced situations where my hearing is badly affected when my sinuses are blocked. This could perhaps be a more subtle variation on this effect.

A bit loopy maybe, but putting it out there....

Edited by davm

Would using a battery power amp and source for a few wet/dry session be an easy way to prove//disprove the grounding theory? 

I also was wondering if you were listening to the same albums (I tend to gravitate towards Scandinavian ECM recording on rainy days and they're pretty much all great recordings) 

When I was living in Perth in the 90's, I preferred dry & cold weather. My system sounded better. I did not like it when it rained. I concluded that it must be the humidity affecting my perception. Now I am back in Malaysia. Did not notice much difference between rain & fine weather - humidity pretty high all year round.

Regards,

Joe Ling