Questionnaire/Competition, mostly for fun!

Cafad

Time for a SNA Questionnaire I think!

And just to keep things interesting if you PM me your answers I will “mark†them and write the names of everyone who got them right on a separate piece of paper, place all the pieces of paper in a hat or bowl and get my nieces parrot to draw one out.  The winner gets the little Exposure 1010 that I have in the for sale section for just the price of postage.  I’ll also stick their name in my sig for a while, it’s not exactly fame and fortune but in the current economy it’s all that’s on offer!

(The decision of The Parrot is final and no correspondence will be entered into!)

1. What does the “S†stand for in Mike Lenehans S2 speaker?
  2. How many integrated amps have I reviewed in my “Addicts Guide†thread?
  3. How many speakers has twwen2 reviewed in his “Addicts Guide†thread?
  4. How low can a Tiger roar?  (in Hertz)
  5. What wood is the neck of Brian Mays “Big Red†guitar made out of?
  6. Neodymium is used to make what things that are used in speakers?
  7. Name three different types of insulation that can be used on speaker (or IC) wire?  (just the initials will do fine!)
  8. Name five audio companies that start with the letter A.
  9. How many different series of stereo (not centers or subs) speakers does Greg Osborn offer for sale on his site?
  10. Joe Satriani’s son is named after the band ZZ Top.  True or False?
  11. Bonus Question:  What was the original name of StereoNET?

Google will probably get you answers for half of them, consider that a hint!

And, unlike at school, 7 out of 10 (or 11 as the case may be) is a pass mark in this quiz.  Get 7

answers correct and your piece of paper may just get picked by The Parrot.  Anyone who gets all 11 correct will get a streak of highlighter on their piece of paper which may just give them an edge.

And no PM-ing Mike and asking what the S stands for, he has more important things to do than answer questions like that.  I’ll allow 3 guesses per PM.

PS  The Parrot does have a name but in his role as Quiz Judge he will simply be referred to as “The Parrot†because he feels it sounds more mysterious.

I’ve cleaned out my inbox so I’ve got 45 messages spare, if you get one bounce back you may just have to try again later, I’ll try to clean them out once a day at least.

I guess some sort of time limit should be applied too, all entries to be in by 5pm on Saturday the 19th of January with the draw to be held Sunday morning and the winner announced in this thread as early on Sunday afternoon as I can manage (The Parrot tends to sleep late on Sundays, he has a tendency to get wasted on Saturday nights).  Pictures of The Parrot and the winning “ticket†will also be posted in this thread.

Now I haven’t run one of these things before so if you have any questions post away below.  And good luck!

(And in case anyone is wondering, yes, this lack of employment is starting to bore me.  Just a little bit!)

post-130663-0-43752900-1358252411_thumb.

The prize on offer.

• Like 2

Four is all I would get off the top of my head, without research..................but I'm lazy, so I'm out.

Great idea though and very generous too, I'm sure you will be inundated by many soon enough :)

I would have included Audio Analogue, but I would have missed aesthetix and air tight and at 3am I may well have included Boston Acoustics because it was "close enough".

There's answers for another one, this quiz is getting easier with time.

It's very difficult to make witty answers to those questions. I tried and gave up. I was going to try sarcasm but even that did not work.

My only suggestion is to answer each question with some reference to bird seed. If the winning entry is selected by a parrot you are sure to win is you have a tasty answer.

The S in the speaker name is for sesame

The part of the speaker with the Neodymium must be the tweeter

And in regard to the Tiger roaring, do you mean the European tiger or the African tiger.

European and African tigers don't actually roar.  South East Asian tigers on the other hand, they roar all they want because no one is game to tell them not to.

Now if I had asked for the flight speed of an unladen swallow, that would have been an excellent answer.

OK, obviously my quiz idea has failed to excite very many people.  Fair enough, I guess.

I have only one contestant so far (so I am sure he would be happy if no one else bothered to enter) but if (in bold because it seems to be such a big "if") anyone else is interested they have until Saturday afternoon.  Get most of the questions right and you'll have a 50/50 chance of getting the Exposure 1010 for all of $50!

Well traditionally Friday night and Saturday are lean times on SNA (something to do with people having 'lives', whatever they are?) so I don't really expect a great turn out from now on.  Ah well, doesn't really matter, in the leanest case scenario Telecine, 2loud2old and Darryl have a 33.33% chance of winning an integrated amp and that's certainly good odds for them. 

Edit because I answered some questions then realized they're supposed to be pm'd and can't figure out how to delete a post, so here's some pointless, unrelated info.  Did you know that the term "Knackers" which refers to the male genitalia comes from an ancient Turkish frame drum called a Naker?  It consists of two bongo like drums hung round the players neck and rests in front of the loins giving the appearance of a large, drum like pair of testicles.

Edited by stewyh
  • Like 1
Well traditionally Friday night and Saturday are lean times on SNA (something to do with people having 'lives', whatever they are?) so I don't really expect a great turn out from now on.  Ah well, doesn't really matter, in the leanest case scenario Telecine, 2loud2old and Darryl have a 33.33% chance of winning an integrated amp and that's certainly good odds for them. 

Well I won't complain if I win mate.

Edit because I answered some questions then realized they're supposed to be pm'd and can't figure out how to delete a post, so here's some pointless, unrelated info.  Did you know that the term "Knackers" which refers to the male genitalia comes from an ancient Turkish frame drum called a Naker?  It consists of two bongo like drums hung round the players neck and rests in front of the loins giving the appearance of a large, drum like pair of testicles.

I did not know that, but now that I do I'm thinking there must be a whole heap of Turkish jokes about it.

Both actually, I'm doing an engineered core filled block wall that runs the length of a soon to be new house(one part of the house will be perched on it) and then it returns in a serpentine configuration across the block(with rock fascia in spots) and once backfilled it will house a large green frond garden(Helliconias, Rhaphis palms,East West palms,Giant Strelitzia, etc etc) and incorporate many ponds for  frogs and things :)

I'm doing the finishing touches to an oiled hardwood fence feature on it tomorrow, should look a treat when finished.

• Like 1

There's a lot of sad looking plants here after a couple of stinkers!

Tree ferns have gone brown and shedding fronds.

Palms are just slightly burnt and the birds nests are all wilty.

Spent a lot of today watering as all we' got was a spit of rain that evaporated upon landing.

To Top