International Sound & Sight Exhibition 2019 (ISSE 2019)

bigtree

I just listened to this year CD. 70% are chinese music from the 1930s (audio quality enhanced and probably no more copyright) to early 1980s and bingo, another Teresa Teng sound alike. One track is a "Tong tong chiang" Chinese opera type. Tell me if the team who compiled the tracks are not in their mid 60s at least and Chinese educated.

Mr Tham the organiser does more coverage for Chinese audiences since the day he started . You can tell the books also all written in Chinese .

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tien audio tt5 is simply just too amazing. Impressed with the presentation and demostration. Most of the exhibitors using turntable to demo instead digital source. What a big turn comparing few yrs before. No wonder vinyl record sales for the first time over cd after 80s in 2019.

Very impressed by this setup considering its total cost. The German SPL phono amp is a must listen if your diet of music is not confined to audiophile recordings. The dynamics is really something to write home about. Not forgetting the price too ;Db22a1ee24ce9a9a24a332acc3d992f1f.jpg

Sent from my G3226 using Tapatalk

Seconded.

However, the room with the DS audio cartridge sounded really poor. Maybe something is wrong with the setup. Seems like the highs frequencies were totally missing.

What speakers are those, btw?

Seconded.

However, the room with the DS audio cartridge sounded really poor. Maybe something is wrong with the setup. Seems like the highs frequencies were totally missing.

What speakers are those, btw?

Agree. Maybe not set up properly? Those spks in that room were over 200kg!

Sorry, this year show is sub standard.  Nothing at the 7th level is listenable.  Best sounding room is still Hi-End Research with their Wilson Audio.

Lots of exciting news and pictures coming from the Tokyo show which was happening on the same weekend.  The only reason why I am in Singapore is due to a wedding that I need to attend.

(Audio)

If we go by the attendance, which consisted largely of older men, mostly past 50, then the future of hifi is in danger...

I didn't see too many young people and many were familiar with the vendors... we desperately need new blood.. but they are attracted to streamers, soundbars and bluetooth devices..

Something to inspire from.

[embed=425,349]

[/embed]

• 1 month later...

anyone know the contact for the falcon room? they are selling falcon ls3/5a and was thinking of getting it. But i don't think they are based in singapore.

Contact is from Louis Chew's business card obtained at the show

analog playground Louis Chew. Tel 90094018 or 91724386.

Business Address : 20 Jalan Kilang  ABM Building #06-01 S159148