New Australian Active Speaker Company - Moos Audio

Seen these guys mentioned a few times around the traps, soon to be releasing a wireless active speaker called the 'Mini Aero'. Priced very well considering what is found inside and out.

http://www.moosaudio.com

http://thevinylanachronist.blogspot.com.au/2013/01/the-return-of-moos-audio-to-ces.html

From AV Hub:

Moos Audio, a relatively new Australian company, has hit the US market with a bang and has received an Innovations Design & Engineering Award at CES 2013. Moos Audio has launched the Mini Aero 2-way speaker, a design that not only features Scan-Speak Revelator drive units but also has its beautiful piano gloss aluminium-reinforced Baltic Birch plywood cabinetry built - and the whole package is assembled - at the Scan-Speak facility in Denmark. Exciting as all that sounds, the real clever stuff and the point of difference is hidden inside. The Mini Aero is actually a wireless system with built-in amplification, DSP signal manipulation, and on-board digital-to-analog converters.

Moos Audio’s Founder and CEO Tom Celinsky discusses some of the technologies, “The Mini Aero compact monitors are the best wireless loudspeakers money can buy. Designed to satisfy even the most discerning audio enthusiasts, they are aimed at both PC and Mac high definition digital music playback. The Mini Aero are the first ultra high resolution, wireless loudspeakers with lossless, bit-accurate transmission of digital audio at up to 24bit/96kHz, and playback of all data rates up to 24bit/192kHz.

“Technical highlights include the first ever audiophile-grade wireless transport, Scan-Speak Revelator drive units, ultra high end quad mono differential Wolfson DACs with an entire DAC dedicated to each drive unit (SNR > 125dB), ultra-low jitter design, all-aluminum unibody port with dual symmetrical flares, metal-reinforced Baltic birch plywood cabinets, composite internal damping consisting of specially processed long fiber natural wool and aerospace-grade acoustic foam developed for NASA space missions, SHARC floating point DSP, and audiophile-grade Hypex amplification capable of delivering 400W continuous per speaker pair, and peaking at 1kW.â€

Technology is literally crammed into these elegantly-proportioned speakers – which are available in gloss black, white, red and yellow – and the value for money ratio is quite high at a modest US$2499 (plus tax) a pair with the first limited number production run slated for April 2013. The Mini Aero can be purchased direct online.

I'm glad I dont make cables for a living...

Not that computer generated audio is something that interests me but they've certainly developed a product for an ever growing market.

It's also very high tech so it's nice to see an Australian speaker manufacturer doing something other than simply sticking drivers in a box.

I hope they do well.

I know the guys well and the Founder is genuinely keen to bring the maximum technology at the most affordable price. They're beautifully finished, use superb drivers, are crammed with tech and sound terrific.

I wish them luck too and after a successful CES I'm sure they're on their way. Moos Audio, like SGR and others, are enhancing Australia's profile, building on from Duntech, Halcro, Continuum, etc...

Good on them I say.

EK

• Like 2
Interesting product - nice to see new and different stuff appearing.

Don't you love marketing spin though - Ultimate Digital Music - yea right.

Thanks

Bill

yeah - they'd be the first company to use "spin"......

allows the PDX to rival the world’s finest cost-no-object DACs.....

At 2.5k the value proposition of this product is quite amazing.

Let's say you want to DIY...

2x ScanSpeak 2904   : $742

2x ScanSpeak : $428

So $1100+ for the drivers alone, and they are truly high end drivers.

Then the DSP, the Hypex amps, the cabinet ...

The DSP would be most likely superior compared to passive with the ability for time alignment, filters, etc.

• Like 2

Interesting product - nice to see new and different stuff appearing.

Don't you love marketing spin though - Ultimate Digital Music - yea right.

Thanks

Bill

@ $2,5K and designed here in OZ, its just loose change to Bill,  after all its a bargin, a DAC with DSD, Hypex amp and wireless.  All you need is the front end which you have already on hand,

What are you waiting for Bill, and its won a 2013 award!!! :P

i am thinking a pair of these in the computer room....

no plugs and stream from the imac...brilliant

I still cant get over the price.. damn cheap for what you are getting

i am thinking a pair of these in the computer room....

no plugs and stream from the imac...brilliant

I still cant get over the price.. damn cheap for what you are getting

To think you dont have to get into the cable debate, :P

Look at the drivers your getting, they are not cheap :thumb:

What are ya waiting for????? :cool:

@ $2,5K and designed here in OZ, its just loose change to Bill,  after all its a bargin, a DAC with DSD, Hypex amp and wireless.  All you need is the front end which you have already on hand,

What are you waiting for Bill, and its won a 2013 award!!! :P

And to think,

ya dont have to add Duelund caps in the equation, with that in mind, you can get 2 pairs! :thumb:

So $1100+ for the drivers alone, and they are truly high end drivers.

Then the DSP, the Hypex amps, the cabinet ...

Not much detail on the amps but even the base model ST + PS's would set you back $505 and if they're using the high spec HG's add another $230, so $735 (plus cables and postage to DIY).