Giving back to SNA

Item: Pioneer SA 500A amp. Sansui QR 6500 receiver, Harman Kardon HK 825/870 pre power combo
Price: All gone now...
Item Condition: Good but not working
Reason for selling: Not selling...giving.
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:
Pictures:

I have had so much help from the generous SNA community in the past that I thought i'd give something back. This gear is all faulty in one way or another but I know there are members out there far more capable that me in working with this gear. the Pioneer is a sweet little 10wpc amp that is in great cosmetic condition. The Sansui is a heartbreaker that I really wanted to get working. It may only need a good clean but I have neither the know-how or the funds to get this done. It weighs a ton and is a lovely wood-cased classic. The HK combo was given to me by Cheekyboy some time back and is probably a really good combo but the amp just doesn't work ( I was quoted $400 to have it fixed once) and the pre does work but does develop a nasty screech after a while.

Anyway, this gear can be yours if you want it. No posting. Only collection

post-104826-0-05063700-1358071282_thumb.

post-104826-0-02963100-1358071330_thumb.

Edited by unclemack
  • Like 3

Willing to pay for packing and postage for the 6500 , and make a donation to SNA

Cheers

John

Edit, Just read the collection only requirement........ damn the tyranny of distance....

Edited by skippy124

for our interstate friends, the Sansui is such a big and heavy beast, sorry but I can't see my way around packing it safely to be posted. However, if you can get someone to transport it from Melbourne... I'd be happy to hold onto it.

Cheers

M

Naturally, the Sansui has been spoken for (pending transportation). I knew this would be the first to go. 

I also have a Beomaster 2400 receiver and a Beocord 2300 cassette deck up for grabs too...

The receiver has very low output and the cassette deck is untested.

cheers

M

The HK pre and power amp are well worth getting repaired. I had these units in my system for over a decade up till the late '90s and then my daughter had them for a year or two. The output stage failed on one channel in the power amp while she had them, but after I took them back, I never had the amps repaired before I passed them on to unclemack. The MM/MC phono stage in the pre is first class.

Cheers,

Keith

for our interstate friends, the Sansui is such a big and heavy beast, sorry but I can't see my way around packing it safely to be posted. However, if you can get someone to transport it from Melbourne... I'd be happy to hold onto it.

Cheers

M

I'll be down sometime through the year, no exact time as yet.............depends how long you want to hold it for John.

I would take the Pioneer amp if it's still avail.

Thanks for your generosity :thumb: .

Well done. :thumb:   I treasured one just like this from 1972 until it went in a burglary in 1981.  Seeing a pic of one in such lovely cosmetic condition was a treat and brought back some great memories.  I really hope you can get it working again.   They are simple reliable little amps and can sound great with the right speakers.  Pioneer PAX25B's are ideal.  They do have internal fuses that would be the first things to check in one that isn't working, but I guess this has been done, UM?   

I'd also be interested in the B&O stuff if caddisgeek doesn't end up wanting it.

Also Griffnuts I may have a volume knob for the HK as the original seems to be missing. I'll have a look for it this week, it's yours if I can find it.

Edited by Sam Z

No no Caddi I didn't mean to muscle in, I just meant in case you changed your mind as you didn't sound 100%. I'll PM you anyways.

Edit: I tried to PM you caddisgeek but your inbox is full.

Edited by Sam Z

Well, gruffnutz just picked up the HK combo, the Pioneer has been taken and the Sansui is spoken for. One of two members will be getting the B&O gear so, it's done! The HiFi giveaway has been a success. i hope to hear that all this equipment eventually gets sorted and used. that would complete the circle. Thanks for all the responses guys, it's been fun.

cheers

M

Well, gruffnutz just picked up the HK combo, the Pioneer has been taken and the Sansui is spoken for. One of two members will be getting the B&O gear so, it's done! The HiFi giveaway has been a success. i hope to hear that all this equipment eventually gets sorted and used. that would complete the circle. Thanks for all the responses guys, it's been fun.

cheers

M

No; thank you.  A scholar and a gentleman.  :thumb:

'tis the season of giving...  :P

Sorry about that Sam, you take it and give it a good home, I'll never get around to fixing it

OK mate, will do. I'll fix and recap it and give it to my friend who just moved into a new apartment and asked me to put together a stereo for her. She really likes the old gear I have so she'll love this. And this B&O equipment is probably perfect for a small apartment, it's even wall mountable I think.  I've heard they're nightmares to repair  though.

• Like 1