SOLD: FS: Complete Well Matched System for a Small Fee

* Speakers Axis LS-38 (SOLD), Integrated Amplifier Miniwatt N3 (SOLD), Onkyo C-S5VL SACD Player (WITHDRAWN)
* Location Brighton (PICK UP ONLY)
* Item condition description 8/10
* Price and price conditions Withdrawn
* Reason for selling Sadly running out of room for storage
* Payment Methods: Cash - Pickup
* Extra Info: I am looking for someone who will look after this setup mainly because the speakers are very dear to me (owned from new) with a RRP of AUD2000. This pair is a 'limited' edition mahogany (real wood) veneer and they are in very good condition as you can witness in the photos. I believe they sold very well in some o/seas markets and was speaker of the year in Taiwan (can't seem to find a link on this though). They are smooth, balanced from top to bottom with very good bass output. Back then, they easily out-classed many of the well known brands at the same price point including B&W. They are 92.5dB efficiency and therefore a very good match with the Miniwatt N3 integrated amplifier. Couple this with a capable source like the Onkyo SACD player and you have a system that is very hard to beat for many times the asking price. You will no doubt be very happy with this system.

The speakers will need a larger room to be at their best. All the components have had very little use. They are currently all hooked up in the lounge and I will keep them there for a few more days for any serious buyers wishing to have a listen.

Some basic cables will be thrown in so you have a fully working setup (not the cables shown in photos). The symposium feet shown under the Miniwatt and the granite plinths under the speakers are NOT included.
* Pictures
DSCF0038_zps6f96005e.jpg
DSCF0039_zpsf6f185e2.jpg
DSCF0040_zps51b5bf5f.jpg
DSCF0041_zps63b57283.jpg
DSCF0044_zps733435c5.jpg
DSCF0025_zpsebb4a5b8.jpg

Edited by b4sound
  • Like 3

I had the pleasure of hearing this setup last week. Michael Buble sounded fantastic, very sweet vocals and surprisingly good dynamics. We didn't try rock on it but bass was actually quite strong and tight. This is seriously a bargain setup, a great way to have some valves :) the buyer will be very happy with this. Alex is a great host and a very honest guy. We met because I bought stuff from him. Good luck with the sale Alex :)

I had the pleasure of hearing this setup last week. Michael Buble sounded fantastic, very sweet vocals and surprisingly good dynamics. We didn't try rock on it but bass was actually quite strong and tight. This is seriously a bargain setup, a great way to have some valves :) the buyer will be very happy with this. Alex is a great host and a very honest guy. We met because I bought stuff from him. Good luck with the sale Alex :)

Am listening to Michael Buble now :thumb:

And his tracks have the double bass instrument used in a number of tracks, so certainly a good tester for low frequency bass

Some additional information on the LS-38s. (note the RRP in the article is for the standard version)

Do assess this based on the asking price and what you are getting is a well match, smooth sounding 2 channel system that will never fatigue.

Would really like to see this setup go to a good home.

Screenshot2013-01-19at113244AM_zps349c95

Screenshot2013-01-19at113335AM_zps29bad4

Edited by b4sound

I can recall listening to these speakers some time ago. Very impressive. $800 for this complete system seems like a bargin.

I can understand why you have decided to withdraw them. I was tempted myself to purchase but just like you b4sound i am running of room.

Thank you Lem.  (and thank you Logicprobe!) 

Yes. It is silly because if we divided the items in the setup, I am effectively asking for about $300 for the Axis. 

Everyone on SNA is raving about the Usher S520s for their price (and they are right)... but imo, the Axis are quite a few stops above the Ushers. 

Sadly our tiny humble home really has no room for floorstanders.

Just returned here

I saw these 15 minutes after you first posted them and rang 2 non sna friends re purchase. Both had recently bought systems so it went no further.

Saw they were 'sold'

Now they aren't sold

Amazing buy

Shakes head in disbelief