Today's dumb question...Audiophilleo2 connection

Have just taken possession of the a2 thanks to a very quick and easy SNA deal. Not sure how to connect it from my Lavry to the Mac Mini. With a coaxial cable from my DAC to the A2 (male end), it doesnt seem to want to lock into the only female coax adaptor in the A2. It goes in partially and stops...what am I doing wrong here? Am i using the wrong cable? The wrong connector? It sort of fits to a point but doesnt quite lock in as it would on a normal coax connection.

post-108881-0-96368100-1357971851_thumb.

post-108881-0-32368400-1357971867_thumb.

Theres no such thing as a dumb question. There are dumb answers however and heres mine.The AP2 allows a digital cable to be dispensed with with better sound quality. To do that find the AP2 BNC-RCA(male) adaptor and use it to plug the AP2 straight into the Lavry RCA SPDIF input. Use a USB A to B cable to plug the other end of the AP2 into the Macmini. Set the AP2 as the output device for the Macmini, play something, turn on the DAC (not the amps) and see if the DAC has lock before turning the juice on to the speakers. OK?

Edited by Nada
Theres no such thing as a dumb question. There are dumb answers however and heres mine.The AP2 allows a digital cable to be dispensed with with better sound quality. To do that find the AP2 BNC-RCA(male) adaptor and use it to plug the AP2 straight into the Lavry RCA SPDIF input. Use a USB A to B cable to plug the other end of the AP2 into the Macmini. Set the AP2 as the output device for the Macmini, play something, turn on the DAC (not the amps) and see if the DAC has lock before turning the juice on to the speakers. OK?

Thanks Nada...makes perfect sense. Now if I want to set up the Mac Mini to play FLACS via A+ through the DAC into my speakers, and also have my headphone amp and HD800's connected AND have the Oppo connected can I do all of his without having to juggle switching connectors/cables and leave one configuration in place to achieve this ie allowing me to enjoy the files via both speakers or headphones...and also have the option of playing discs as well. Dont want much do I

Thanks Nada...makes perfect sense. Now if I want to set up the Mac Mini to play FLACS via A+ through the DAC into my speakers, and also have my headphone amp and HD800's connected AND have the Oppo connected can I do all of his without having to juggle switching connectors/cables and leave one configuration in place to achieve this ie allowing me to enjoy the files via both speakers or headphones...and also have the option of playing discs as well. Dont want much do I

Yes but I think you will need a preamp to achieve all of that.

If the Oppo has a TOSLINK out you can connect it to the DA11 with the AP2 still mating with RCA in on the DA11. If it sounds any other then average running a CD via the Oppo TOSLKINK to DA11 verses rip to AP2 to DA11 you know something is very, very wrong with your setup.