Lehmann Black Cube phono preamp settings

I recently acquired a second hand lehmann black cube phono stage without a copy of the manual. Neither lehmann's website nor vinyengine.com has the manual available for download.

I think the unit can be set for mm/mc of various loadings by adjusting the four small switches at the base plate. However, without a manual, I am unsure about what are the optimal settins for various cartriges. Would any member be kind enough to offer advices?

Many thanks.

I recently acquired a second hand lehmann black cube phono stage without a copy of the manual. Neither lehmann's website nor vinyengine.com has the manual available for download.

I think the unit can be set for mm/mc of various loadings by adjusting the four small switches at the base plate. However, without a manual, I am unsure about what are the optimal settins for various cartriges. Would any member be kind enough to offer advices?

Many thanks.

I had no trouble accessing the manual at vinylengine.com. You have to be logged in to view it. http://www.vinylengine.com/library/lehmann-audio/black-cube.shtml.

I created an account at vinylengine, logged on and clicked on the 'instruction manual' download. It turned out to be a marketing flyer with the usual markeing info, the specifications etc, but without any instruction on the microswitches settings. It was the same document as what came under 'information brochure' at the Lehmann site. I downloaded a couple of times to make sure I didn't click on the wrong spot and still have the pdf saved on my tablet. Will check again to make sure l didn't missread anything. Just wonder if any member actually purchased the same preamp new and has an actual instruction? Thanks.

I created an account at vinylengine, logged on and clicked on the 'instruction manual' download. It turned out to be a marketing flyer with the usual markeing info, the specifications etc, but without any instruction on the microswitches settings. It was the same document as what came under 'information brochure' at the Lehmann site. I downloaded a couple of times to make sure I didn't click on the wrong spot and still have the pdf saved on my tablet. Will check again to make sure l didn't missread anything. Just wonder if any member actually purchased the same preamp new and has an actual instruction? Thanks.

It is there - you must have clicked on the wrong download - click on "Instruction/owners manual". I have downloaded it, but the pdf file is protected, so you can't copy it. Send me a PM with your email address and I will email you the file if you can't download it.

Lehmann Audio Black Cube

MM / MC phono stage

Lehmann Audio Black Cube

Description

The Lehmann Black Cube phono stage is compatible with practically all available cartridges on the market from high output MM to MC.

Apart from the standard switch settings there is one onboard slot that can be fitted with a custom impedance to supply perfect termination even for the most exotic cartridges.

Specifications

Gain: 40/61dB

Signal to noise ratio: 77/69dB

Input capacitance: 100pf

Input impedance: 47kohm, 470ohm, 100ohm

Output impedance: <100ohm

RIAA filter: passive

Channel balance: 0.5dB

Downloads

instruction/owners manual (en)

flyer (en)

Buffer flyer (en)

SE flyer (en)

There is 1 MM setting and 5 MC settings.

MM = 47kOhm - all 4 dipswitches off

MC = 47kOhm - 1 on, other 3 off

MC = 470ohm -  1 & 2 on, 3 & 4 off

MC = 100 ohm -  1 on, 2 & 3 off, 4 on

MC = 80 ohm - 1 & 2 on, 3 off, 4 on

MC = custom load - 1 on, 2 off, 3 on, 4 off

40db gain on MM 61db gain on MC

MC

• Like 1