Anyone use hotmail, help needed

Two Flies

Hi all,

Hotmail is going to retire messenger and switch the service off.It is a big problem for me as I've a few years work record's that include records of quotes, building plans, copy's of email agreements to commence building, agreements to variations of work, agreements when I've advised clients not to proceed with proposed works as it goes against the Building Code of Australia. I need to keep these records to refer back to should there be any legal ramification's that may arise. 

Hotmail has giving me a link to merge my hotmail account with skype but I concerned that I'm going to lose all my passed records.

Help I'm packing it fellars.

Thanks in advance Paul.

Edited by MC240

mc isnt this just the messenger talk service ? hotmail would stay.

alternatively would be looking for a means to download your entire hotmail on print or in text electronically for those valued items. its something I did at one stage myself for another webmail service. its not worth loosing some stuff. and where its web mail this can happen. 

I agree with Al, I think that you are worried about e-mail rather than the real time messenger service.

I wouldn't leave business records that you need sitting in Hotmail. If you are a MS Windows user, the easiest solution is to purchase the MS Outlook client software and install it on your PC. You can configure it and Hotmail so that it can download all of your mail from Hotmail to your PC. You can leave a copy at Hotmail or just download it all.

Once you have this up an running, make sure that you backup the mail files. These will generally be .PST files on your PC.

Microsoft is, I think, planning to move everything to a MS Outlook cloud-based service. In the circumstances, it is still prudent to keep a copy of your email via the method that I have outlined.

Edited by Telecine

Outlook express is included in Windows, you don't need Office/ Outlook

Ahh, true, I had forgotten that. Personally, I would still spring the extra for Outlook in a business situation for the advanced calendar, contacts and mail features.

Thank you for the quick response  the sky is not falling, you guys are right I should do something other than just leaving things sitting in hotmail. 

I've got to hand to the sna members no job is to big or to small to handle, thanks for the help.

Outlook express is included in Windows, you don't need Office/ Outlook

Just like to point out that OE was included with Windows XP.

Windows Live Mail is included in Vista and 7.

Mail is included in 8.