Complete lack of discipline

Rural Rat

Less than one week ago a number of us were at Batty's place chewing the fat. Discussion came around to our expenditure plans in the near future. Now correct me if I am wrong but I am almost certain to a man NONE of us were planning anything short term. What happened? Well myself and at least one other member have just ordered new speakers thanks to Philip and his Vaf team. 5 days after said discussion! Geez no wonder we have trouble at home ;) .

• Like 3

I think even if we have told ourselves we don't need an upgrade and promised ourselves we won't buy impulsively our antennae are always up for a good price on something we have researched and such was the case with the VAF offer.  Currently researching upgrades to both my stereo and HT setups I even considered a VAF package myself.

Jeff

This is not a rational thing that we do. We love music, and most of us also love the systems that reproduce the music. Self-control has to be so much stronger to have an influence on audio-related decisions.

If we have the money, and we have the love, we're mostly doomed.

(My wife made clearly threatening comments related to the Arion power amp which I have "borrowed" to "help break it in". In this instance my lack of discipline is sadly irrelevant.)

C'mon Paul tell us what speakers and who is the other weak SNA'r

Grumpy

I don't know who the other weak SNA'er is, but I reckon the VAF's are pretty good at playing rock and/or roll.

Other SNA'ers

Buying the occasional bit of hi-fi kit is significantly cheaper than having a mid-life crisis, and particularly less expensive than having an affair when that other aspect of self-control is lost.

Benje

• Like 4

I've got a bone to pick with Marc, I'd like him to delete the PM function, do away with it completely it's seductive, devilish, beguiling, tantalising, corrupting, mesmerising...you see a little number above the envelope, it's imprints on your inner eye but you resist the temptation to click on it because you've a fair idea it's someone who's going to tell you something you don't need to hear.

So you click away completely from SNA and go elsewhere online but it's nagging you so you get away from the computer altogether and go to the fridge and grab a beer. You relax by the pool watching the palm fronds sway and rippling of the water in the gentle late evening sub tropical sun.

..red..envelope..red,red,red... :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Ah stuff it, so you go back upstairs inside to the cave and bring up SNA and stare at the red with 2 on it now, you click and there it is...your gone, your in that zone and you know you shouldn't be, it's Christmas New Year and you promised. You sneek a peek through to the lounge and there lazes the Handbrake, you'll get sprung for sure.

...click!

Quick mate a Raysonics just popped up!

ah fkuc no...why me, why now.

"Hi yeah I'll take it, consider it sold, I'll EFT right now."

Hey honey....isn't this beautiful, look at all the pretty lights :) .... :unsure:....you didn't. umm. You did!...umm. You said you'd sell the other stuff, why do you need two of everything(yay she aint seen the T amps hidden in the bookshelves or the dac from Pete mac) 

Umm.

MARC I'm pleading with you...get rid of it!

• Like 7

is it disciplined to buy a pair of vaf i90's Aussie jarrah rrp $1k each?

And get them at $1260 for the pair, cause of the sna vaf thread giving sna'ers opportunity to buy jarrah i90s at $900 AND then get 30% discount on top of that!

I felt disciplined...

Missus hasn't disciplined me yet, but we have the cuffs.

Edited by peacewise
We're all weak Grumps, it's just a question of funds and oppourrtunity

You've nailed it and in so few a words as well! 

I too was tempted by VAF from last years HiFi show but resisted . . .  only to buy some Whatmoughs instead.

If the lords prayer says "lead me not into temptation", does that make SNA the work of the devil with Marc being Beelzebub?

• Like 1

Look at Cgeek butter wouldn't melt in his mouth

PMed me yesterday knowing I' m in need of funds ( notional financial impedance)offering to purchase a TT of mine that he's had for so long I'm no longer admitting to owning it.

He's THE BLOODY MESSANGER

• Like 1

who? me?

doesn't sound like something I'd say/do :)

you did say play with it for six months, surely it's only been five, I don't want too accrue too many more points on my library card

(just putting out the feelers, you know, I''d need to raise some funds my self, as Mufasa taught us, the circle of life continues)

I knew i wanted to buy the I-91 for my centre channel, was just waiting for funds to build up. Checked SNA during the lunch hour and a couple of PM's telling me to check out the thread.

How good is SNA that people will do that for you, saved me a couple hundred bucks. Pretty funny from Phil's perspective, i bet he was sitting there reading it and saying "lets see who puts their money where their mouth is"

I think i am well and truly done for now, i know i say this every time i buy something new but thats it, I'm done. Maybe a set of headphones for the desk

The hardest thing for me to do now will be to sell the ARC VT50 thats temporarily my coffee table. I dont need it, i have no home for it, but i want to keep it forever just in case.

I knew i wanted to buy the I-91 for my centre channel, was just waiting for funds to build up. Checked SNA during the lunch hour and a couple of PM's telling me to check out the thread.

How good is SNA that people will do that for you, saved me a couple hundred bucks. Pretty funny from Phil's perspective, i bet he was sitting there reading it and saying "lets see who puts their money where their mouth is"

I think i am well and truly done for now, i know i say this every time i buy something new but thats it, I'm done. Maybe a set of headphones for the desk

The hardest thing for me to do now will be to sell the ARC VT50 thats temporarily my coffee table. I dont need it, i have no home for it, but i want to keep it forever just in case.

There you go Grumpy.

The other weak SNAer mate. I knew he would show up.

In fairness to R&oR I think he may have left by the time we got round to the discussion in the original post.

Oh! that young whipper Snapper Nathan hey? He's got it baaaadd!