Sick Sennheiser HD565s - Sydney tech recommendation

wadiman

Hi guys -

I had an issue with the cable in one channel (connection was sporadic) and attempted to sort it out myself.

Unfortunately, my clumsiness has resulted in breaking the fine wire to the actual diaphragm unit.

Can anyone recommend a good tech in sydney to have a go at fixing them - and replacing the cables while they are at it?

Alternatively - is this type of work too costly given the value of the cans? 

Many thanks!

Thanks doofdoof - yes - I have considered but thought that as they are the main dealer that the repair would be very $$.

I may end up going with them though unless I end up with some recommendations. 

Wadiman

Hi Wadiman

Syntec are fine, the techs there are first rate and if you call them first I'd be really surprised if they can't tell you how much you would expect to pay for the repair.

Interesting. 'First rate' isn't how I would describe my experience with them.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi wadiman. I believe the HD565 cable problem is fairly common, and also afflicts other Sennheiser models which use the same cable. I have been having exactly the same problem with sporadic loss of sound in one channel, but luckily there is a replacement cable available which is suposed to fix these problems. I've started a thread here.

http://www.stereo.net.au/forums/index.php?/topic/50557-problem-with-sennheiser-hd565-cable/

Sorry to hear about the diaphragm damage though. I'm afraid I can't offer any advice on repairers (don't live in Sydney in any case), but if you do get them fixed I would definitely replace the cable with the upgraded version, otherwise the dropout problems are likely to continue. Price isn't too expensive if you shop around. I've only just ordered one myself. Will update the above thread when I've received and fitted it.