Acrolink/Esoteric 7N-PC9700

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

hey guys,

did a read in the web on Acrolink interconnect cable, 7N-DA2090 and has pretty good reviews.

anyone using or heard of this cable?

would like to hear your feedback... many thanks in advance.

hey guys,

did a read in the web on Acrolink interconnect cable, 7N-DA2090 and has pretty good reviews.

anyone using or heard of this cable?

would like to hear your feedback... many thanks in advance.

The 7N-DA2090 Speciale probably sits just below the Mexcel range. It's a highly saturated and dense sounding cable with explosive dynamics. Very different from most of the other cables in the Acrolink range. You don't mention whether you are looking at RCA or XLR. For XLR, I find the Mexcel 3300 far more refined. RCA, the next model to look out for (if you want a refined / even handed approach) would be the Mexcel 2500

hi watchdog,

thanks for your feedback.

i am actually looking at XLR. just started hearing Acrolink and yes, find it 'refined'. nice....

would be keen to hear the Mexcel 2500 or 3300. shall hear what nice surprise it brings..... hahaa

The Mexcel 2500 is also available also in XLR (it's a twister pair cable). I am guessing a bit here since my 2500 is RCA, but the 3300 is more even handed while the 2500 is more musical and has that bit of extra push.

Tonality wise, the 2090 and 2080 are quite similar if that helps.

Top drawer XLR model would be the 6300

• Like 2

hi ohlins... glad to hear from an user of 2090. I suppose the cables have put a bigger smile on your face...hahaa

thanks for the link to the article... a good read and a 'motivated' one for me.

whoa.... surprised to know one took the 2090 over the top 6300. must have been a 'long battle' session....

• Like 1

the poles did a comparison .... http://www.highfidelity.pl/@main-474&lang=en

i'm using 2 sets of 2090 XLR .... upgraded from 2070 and 5000....

someone i know tried both the 2090 and 6300, he bought the 2090 ...

hi Watchdog / Ohlins,

Thank you for your comments. I got a pair of 2090 in XLR, as per the review, i am indeed 'completely satisfied'.  ;D

Now wondering what would be the change if to change all cables to Acrolink....

My own experience is I got best results when using the same family of signal cables end to end from source to speakers. I got very consistent performance when doing so, which made it easy to tune the room and components to match.

With powercords, I got the opposite experience. Different brands on different components gave better overall results than I brand across the board. Applies to Acrolink Mexcel PC too. 1 was good, 2 was better, 3 became overwhelming. Put your best cord to feed the distributor, is the easiest way to influence overall sound with  character of the feeder cable.

My own experience is I got best results when using the same family of signal cables end to end from source to speakers. I got very consistent performance when doing so, which made it easy to tune the room and components to match.

With powercords, I got the opposite experience. Different brands on different components gave better overall results than I brand across the board. Applies to Acrolink Mexcel PC too. 1 was good, 2 was better, 3 became overwhelming. Put your best cord to feed the distributor, is the easiest way to influence overall sound with  character of the feeder cable.

thanks for the advise.

oh yes, agree on having the same family of signal cables from source to speakers and rather surprised to know adding on PC may end up worse....  :o

ok, will be mindful when time comes for the Mexcel range.  ;)

Bro C130, welcome back to the hifi hobby after long absence. Must go down to your place to hear your new “toys”. Cheers??????

hi bro... many thanks for the welcome note.  ;)

hahaa.... oh yes, feels good to be back to hearing good music.

sure... let's go back to the 'good old days'; house visits and 'poison' each other.... ;D

hi bro... many thanks for the welcome note.  ;)

hahaa.... oh yes, feels good to be back to hearing good music.

sure... let's go back to the 'good old days'; house visits and 'poison' each other.... ;D

Sure bro but now no rui to take poison though?