Oppo UHD 4K Owners & Discussion Thread

Guest Sime

@:) al ok, here's a weird question for you. With 5.1 remixes, what do you expect do hear from them, a carbon copy of the 2ch but in 5.1 (hard to explain, but I'll try) or is it supposed to be a different kind of experience, for example it sounds like they add reverb to make it's more surreal/dreamy'ish, does that make sence. 

What do you want from a 5.1 to sound like over the original 2ch?

Edited by Sime

Fleetwood mac rumours is a good example of 5.1 and what I expect with all speakers being treated equally by the mixer and hearing all different instruments clearly on all speakers. Pink Floyd DOSTM another perfect example and one that is made for it, Crowded House debut is another.

If as you say they make it "dreamy" or " atmospheric "I see that as a fail, I want to hear a drum fill go all round the room or a random "ding" in a rear speaker or a classic example is at the start of Pink Floyd's Money.

Edited by powerav

@Sime how did you go with Brothers in Arms SACD again, I'm listening to it now, SO much detail it's incredible. They say music is no good on AVR's but they obviously don't have DVD Audio or SACD. It also cures my Vinyl urge. :thumb:

• Volunteer
On 5/28/2017 at 10:11 PM, muriwai said:

According to AVS chit chat the new beta has the Dolby vision update imbedded in it!!if true makes it the 1st UHD player that is DV capable

Interdyn tell me the Beta FW won't be available for another couple of weeks here.

Guest Sime

@powerav don't forget I live in a caravan and my rears are actually slightly in front of me. I have no issues with concerts/movies but is not ideal for SACD I guess. 

Settings right? Not hard to mess up with Audyssey ;)

even if if I did like 5.1, it'll never get used anyway for music. 

33 minutes ago, powerav said:

Or maybe old mate was right and the Oppo CD is no good.....:oops:

Um, 2ch on the same disc in the same player. 

Guest Sime
46 minutes ago, powerav said:

Yeah you sure do.

17 minutes ago, powerav said:

I just got told to go F myself via PM.....nice.

What do you expect?

3 minutes ago, Sime said:

What do you expect?

<moderator comment>I expect personal attacks to stop and the thread to resume on topic please. Personal and off-topic posts have been hidden.<moderator comment>

• Like 1

So does this prove that the room is the most important part of a sound system. If the limitations of your room deny you of the best possible source material then is it a waste to keep spending on equipment.

9 hours ago, Kazz said:

Interdyn tell me the Beta FW won't be available for another couple of weeks here.

I Wonder why kazz ? what is the hold up ? 

I also dont like the beta is non reversible. and why am thinking best to way for the official ...

• Volunteer
2 minutes ago, :) al said:

I Wonder why kazz ? what is the hold up ? 

I also dont like the beta is non reversible. and why am thinking best to way for the official ...

They said the betas are always delayed getting to them but the official fw's are pretty much on par with the U.S.

I'm thinking that his one is non reversible as it has DV embedded in it, even though it's not actually mentioned in the list of changes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kazz said:

They said the betas are always delayed getting to them but the official fw's are pretty much on par with the U.S.

I'm thinking that his one is non reversible as it has DV embedded in it, even though it's not actually mentioned in the list of changes.

I don't believe that, 

interdyn ,always has an excuse for every delay,  when I questioned them about why they it had been uploaded on there site.  There is always a different excuse, even to the point to say that there is something wrong with there IT services.   At one stage I reemailed them that it's rendered the player useless and they gave a link to get a RAR file.   These days I don't even asked or question, I just wait till the the message is displayed on the unit saying there is FW update.

its a real pity that OPPO digital requires you to download from interdyn site and not the official US site for all players purchased here via Interdyn distribution.

Edited by Addicted to music
  • Like 1

• Volunteer
7 hours ago, Addicted to music said:

I don't believe that, 

interdyn ,always has an excuse for every delay,  when I questioned them about why they it had been uploaded on there site.  There is always a different excuse, even to the point to say that there is something wrong with there IT services.   At one stage I reemailed them that it's rendered the player useless and they gave a link to get a RAR file.   These days I don't even asked or question, I just wait till the the message is displayed on the unit saying there is FW update.

its a real pity that OPPO digital requires you to download from interdyn site and not the official US site for all players purchased here via Interdyn distribution.

Yep couldn't agree more they always have some excuse for their delays, I wish we could just download direct from Oppo U.S..

• Like 1

The 203 may be telling the PC it can accept 4K and the PC then upscaling - what are the settings on your graphics card?

Hi Rob, I had assumed that it is Ethernet connected and he is streaming from his windows pc using ??? Software. There should be no handshake like hdmi. Just basic streaming protocol and should be in the format as is stored on his server.

Unclear if it is 1080p or just 576p and whether 50 or 60hz.

Ageless, can you tell us what you are streaming and from what and using what software?

Sorry if this has been posted already

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Rob, I had assumed that it is Ethernet connected and he is streaming from his windows pc using ??? Software. There should be no handshake like hdmi. Just basic streaming protocol and should be in the format as is stored on his server.

Ageless, can you tell us what you are streaming and from what and using what software?

If it is Dlna then this Oppo au release fixes problem with Dlna

http://support.oppodigital.com.au/support/solutions/articles/4000098483-28-02-2017-version-udp20xau-38-0222-oppo-udp-203-firmware

3 hours ago, bbar said:

Bryan, agree, if it's an ethernet connection the file should just stream in its native resolution - not sure then how the PC would overheat.

Bryan, agree, if it's an ethernet connection the file should just stream in its native resolution - not sure then how the PC would overheat.

Yup, not sure how an app can cause the hardware to overheat.