Oppo UDP 203 & 205 UHD players

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you have a Denon Universal remote or Marantz, you can punch in the code for Oppo and use the AVR remote on the Oppo too.. 

Is this the entry level model, like the BDP-103, and are there other upcoming models?

IMHO, there will always be more models in future, but the first is the KISS model - keep it simple, safe and make sure it works well.

Oppo players have evolved, from being merely packed with features, but won't last that long ala Oppo 83's power supply, to solid well built models with good parts ala BDP 105. This should take good things from their parts bin, and make a solid player, but let's wait for the proper specs first, and see what goes into this.

But I think it should be better made than the Samsung.

I would assume they won't be taking anything away from the existing capabilities as its never happened in the past... See the comments ... http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/show/Oppo/Ultra_HD/4K/hdr/ultra-hd-bluray-player/price/cedia-2016/oppo-readies-udp203-4k-ultra-hd-bluray-player-for-499/35160

Lack of the Darbee feature is no big deal as I'm not sure it ever really gained that much momentum or everyone would be using it.

I hope they keep the streaming options over LAN too

If you look at the Oppo track record of releases over the last many years...93/95, 103/105, 103D/105D it's no surprise to be expecting 203/205 coming down the pipe wedding style ...first the groom and soon to be followed by the bride to steal the show  8) 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I don't think JB will be available right after the launch of 203. The key thing to wait for 203 is 4K BR playback plus its usual support over SACD etc.

You are better off with Media Player if you require cracked cinavia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

come on guys, for discussion on hardware, not for indication of MO interest.  ;)

+1

I am sure the MO section will be a better place for deals. Let's save this thread for technical discussions, cheers.

i think best do not do special price. pre-order or hifi show or MO. all same price. you fix the best competitive pricing for SG. everybody enjoy. win win for everyone. the only difference is if you pre-order you get to enjoy it earlier than those who did not pre-order you have to wait. do not make the past mistake again by giving different pricing. Nobody likes that.

another way would be prices stay the same, but you get different freebies. that way general community willing to accept the difference cause the main determinant is the price.

I doubt there will much of a difference in the show or mo pricing, but gifts might be a different matter as the show might have a different incentive criteria to generate show traffic as is often the case with these types of events. The mo by definition is often a bare bones option with respect to freebies.

For those that don't or can't make it to the show the mo is your next best bet.