Raidho Owners & Discussion Thread

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something not right if he left Nordost in Feb 2011, then why is he still promoting Nordost with Lars at the RMAF 2011 held in Oct last year.extracted from

Sonic Satori - T.G.I.RMAF, Our Rocky Mountain Audio Fest 2011 Adventure

It could only means there is still some form of commercial ties with Nordost  ;D ;D ;D

Ahh... typicaly SHODDY PFO reporting as usual... Here's what really went on;

The Audio Beat sponsored Seminar @ RMAF 2011

• 2 weeks later...

Heard both the Raidho C1.1 and C3.1 at AV Intelligence.

Very good integration of the drivers.

Very expansive soundstage where the size of instruments are proportionate to each other in the sound scape.  It spreads with very nice details and nuances coming from the sound stage.

Well engineered and refined sounding speakers.

Overall, they give me the feeling of refined paintwork on enamel than broad strokes of acrylic paintings.  Will need very very high quality amp to show its true colours and level of refinement.  :)

• 2 weeks later...

Nobody out there has heard both the Magico Q 1 and the C1.1 ?

Would be interested in your impressions.

I have just auditioned both the c1.1 as well as the Q1. Both has it's own pros and cons but my preference goes towards the c1.1

The Magico Q1 can literally disappear, in the sense that the speakers box cannot be felt when I'm listening. The build is very solid too.

For c1.1, the music is very expansive or I call it grand that will fill the whole room. Although the bass can't go deep, it can be strong. The soundstage is very wide and the imaging is very pin point. The high, mid and low are well separated and it's not muddled.

Prices are very wide apart as well with c1.1 to be much cheaper.

My own perceptions for these 2 speakers.

interesting.. raidho with chord set up..

virtueblue, i think most speakers can achieve the grand expansive sound when bottlenecks are cleared. though of course better speakers will make the boundaries wider..

whether the speaker box disappears or not usually has to do with how you set up in your room.

not sure if you heard sky audio's small set up yesterday at the hifi show with the <$1k tiny bookshelf, as a good example of this.

I have just auditioned both the c1.1 as well as the Q1. Both has it's own pros and cons but my preference goes towards the c1.1

The Magico Q1 can literally disappear, in the sense that the speakers box cannot be felt when I'm listening. The build is very solid too.

For c1.1, the music is very expansive or I call it grand that will fill the whole room. Although the bass can't go deep, it can be strong. The soundstage is very wide and the imaging is very pin point. The high, mid and low are well separated and it's not muddled.

Prices are very wide apart as well with c1.1 to be much cheaper.

My own perceptions for these 2 speakers.

Thanks virtue blue,

Any significant differences between these 2 in terms of transparency, detail, midrange warmth/liquidity, speed ? 

If both were priced the same, would you still consider c1.1 as being your preferred speaker ?

@Quest, yes I heard Sky Audio's ALR Jordon small speaker set up and I must say it was very well set up. Although I think it's a benefit if you can achieve very wide soundstage, to me it's not the only thing I'm looking out for.

I'm looking more into neutrality, transparency as well as dynamics and details which to me, c1.1 has an edge over the Q1.

In terms of midrange, I feel that Q1 is a bit more laid back especially in terms of vocal. As for speed they are relatively fast. On the c1.1 I clearly hear the difference when it was switched from 1 amplifier to another.

Hopefully I did answer your question, @bro pink panda.

And yes I will still prefer the c1.1 even if they are priced the same.

Well I'll say that different people have different taste and preferences. I like the Lenehan Audio ML2 Reference as well and that is a pair of speakers that I'll give very high points as well.

Probably these 2 pair of speakers are the best at their price point. At least to my limited knowledge of bookshelf speakers in the market.

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Ho ho ho... Santa is here for a few raidho bros.

Peektures to be posted soon.

Santa has indeed arrived.....

And look what he bought me!

Yes, thats right - a white box.  Well a triple layer carton to be more precise - with the name of Santa's official helper a certain Oey Suryadi Prasetyo.  And yes, the fact that this is carton 8 of 9 accurately suggests that Santas visiting other bros as well.  Congratulations James and XXXXXXX.  XXXXXXX asked me not to name him because his wife has loaded Xtremeplace into her favorites tab to keep an eye on him  >:(

Perhaps less obvious is the serial number which gives away that this is the second (or perhaps third) pair of Raidho Acoustic D-2 loudspeakers to ship globally.  Singapore residents are early adoptors no?

Oh yes, that white box is a touch heavy -- 50KG heavy (per speaker).  Thats promising.  Speakers you can spin on your little finger are crap.

In place for the required 250 hours of burn in.  :o 

Physicially the speakers look identical to the current C series with the main cosmetic difference being the color of the mid/bass drivers which has changed from white to grey.

The new D series features Raidhos latest thoughts on driver and cross-over design.  More later.