Your Recent Audiophile Stuff Purchase :)

Guest larevoj

Guest larevoj

The audiophile journey can be a long one.  ???

At the same time it can be a pleasurable and fun one   :)

Along the way many of us will make purchase/s to enhance our audio experience.  So here is a thread for anyone whom recently make any kind of Audio related purchase/s and share a brief thoughts on why the purchase - picture please...  ;D

I will start...i just bought a listening chair from Ikea last night and love it very much. I may go back and grab the leg rest too...its pretty comfy  :D

Guest larevoj

Hey that's the chair I have too. Did I somehow influence you?

Anyway I got another sofa set in mind, waiting my CO approval. Sighz

haha...apparently its a popular choice :)

I was thinking of getting a hyper plush single recliner that is really comfortable but very expensive and too big for my tiny room :(

Btw, I doubt the headrest is going to be any problem cos I just found out that I have to raise it quite high to be a proper head rest for my height and its falling off! LOL!! Its more a neck rest and my ears are still above it :) Still, I like to know what diff it makes if its at your ear height?? What diff it makes on leather, fabric, etc..?? Just curious...

On the contrary I think the highs get absorbed a bit since it's leather.

+1

Some people like it at the reflection point, but have diffusors either side lest it sounds too dead.

I prefer no head rest, and a diffusor 3ft back on the wall.

Wuh lau US$45 for a sleeping mask that can be had for $2 from Daiso... wish I thought of it first...

Oh latest purchase is Fountek NeoPro5i, a 5" 102db@1w ribbon tweeter :)

Haha bro u can go get it from Daiso, repackage it, and sell for S$45 lor...

Guest larevoj

That chair is cheap and good. Was on sale not too long ago at IKEA for under 100 bucks.

Anyway, latest purchase will be that Logitech Transporter SE.

Really?!!! 100 bucks?? Argh!!!

Purchased custom iem JH 16 waiting for delivery and a pair of Guru 10 amazing small speakers with such deep base for the bedroom, also awaiting for speaker cables before collecting. (best part can place close to wall)

Small is good

Previous stuff Advent, MK satellites, NHT, now Gallo's. Relatively small stuff with surprising performance.

Oh new mattress ;D

Potentially I will be getting a replacement cartridge for my TT. A Koetsu Urushi Platinum which hopefully will sound much better than my current cartridge.  Keeping my fingers crossed as the cartridge is from a friend who has given up the hobby and the cartridge is only less than 50hrs run-in only.

• Like 1

VHive chair and table

But I'm not sure if that's for the table where I am going to mount this ;)

or for hifi since I am planning to put my PC, LCDTV (acting as monitor). PS3, the W4S DAC2 on top of said table and am planning to use the Focal Solo6Be at the sides, so the chair could be used for hifi.

Either that, or OmegaRed poisons me with his 1007Be and I "borrow" my father-in-law's Quad606 power amp. :D

ps I think it's a really good buy so even if someone else grabs it before I save up the moolah, I'd be happy for the new owner too.

Already committed to this combo to Uncle Wilson before this.. just waiting for stocks to arrive.

Btw, I doubt the headrest is going to be any problem cos I just found out that I have to raise it quite high to be a proper head rest for my height and its falling off! LOL!! Its more a neck rest and my ears are still above it :) Still, I like to know what diff it makes if its at your ear height?? What diff it makes on leather, fabric, etc..?? Just curious...

The leather head rest does affect the sound if you are short and the ears are at the same level as the head rest. It can be good or bad depending how close you sit from the wall. I used to own this chair and it was located quite far from the wall. One day, I removed the leather head rest (nothing better to do i guess :)) and did an A/B....Wow! the high frequency was more extended and airy without the head rest. However, it was quite uncomfortable as there is still a horizontal wooden beam running across (quite painful if yourest your head on it  :(). What the hack! Saw the horizontal beam away since I like the sound! Haha! big mistake! Its even more uncomfortable after that as it was straining my neck (due to the angle of the back rest)..........I ended up throwing  the chair away and rotating my big sofa. Now I have the best of both world, good sound and comfy ;D....Only 1 downside, I wasted a chair  :P