ATC Owners & Discussion Thread

Guest Misterioso

23 minutes ago, Ray H said:

So theoretically they sound almost identical in mid / top.

Might as well get the 50’s and huge subs...(tic)

Go the 150’s - and huge subs!! In fact forget the subs and go the 300’s!

Edited by gat474
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

If you hear the 40 Actives and 100 actives in the same room with the same music, you will be very impressed with the 40's and they are seriously excellent bang for dollar, but ultimately I reckon 99% who hear both would choose the 100 actives, they are that good. 

Edit.  ... I have not heard the 150's but seriously want to, I can only imagine how good they are.

Edited by TerryO
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, gat474 said:

@TerryO am I seeing things or have you got some new 150 towers?

I wish, my photography skills must be getting better (couldn’t get worse) in fact yes they are 100’s. ... ?

cheers,

Terry

Edited by TerryO
  • Like 2

Guest deanB

The 19's have been sitting idle for a while, nobody wants to buy them so I thought "f¥¢k it" and set them back up again. What a nice piece of kit!

20210317_125856.thumb.jpg.04fe698a4d6234334aff94a9e9179ac0.jpg

SCM100 looking fabulous in the premium finish @TerryO!

2 minutes ago, deanB said:

The 19's have been sitting idle for a while, nobody wants to buy them so I thought "f¥¢k it" and set them back up again. What a nice piece of kit!

20210317_125856.thumb.jpg.04fe698a4d6234334aff94a9e9179ac0.jpg

SCM100 looking fabulous in the premium finish @TerryO!

I think I read somewhere that the Supratek has a nice low impedance output which will suit the atc’s.

Guest deanB
39 minutes ago, gat474 said:

I think I read somewhere that the Supratek has a nice low impedance output which will suit the atc’s.

Yes, I ran that question past Mick@Supratek before making the purchase from Ant @Grizzly

The hardest thing about owning a Supratek is getting top quality, low noise 6SN7 valves. I even tried a pair of 6F8G + adapter socket and whilst they sounded great, when the cd stopped playing the valve microphonics continued to "sing" the last few notes of the track. Hilarious stuff!

Edited by deanB

1 hour ago, TerryO said:

Well my poor old Vienna’s, which I have really enjoyed for a number of years, have been well and truly retired. 

F2A3D2C9-D210-47F1-ABAE-D342EA90FD03.jpeg

Nice these look the ones that were on demo years ago at the stereonet audio show in melbourne?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Xecuter said:

Nice these look the ones that were on demo years ago at the stereonet audio show in melbourne?

Yes you are correct they are the ones from the 2019 Melbourne Showa far as I know.

cheers,

Terry

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TerryO said:

Well my poor old Vienna’s, which I have really enjoyed for a number of years, have been well and truly retired. 

F2A3D2C9-D210-47F1-ABAE-D342EA90FD03.jpeg

Congratulations Terry on the 100s. Heard them during the 2019 Melbourne hi-fi show and was thoroughly impressed! Great colour too....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TerryO said:

Yes you are correct they are the ones from the 2019 Melbourne Showa far as I know.

cheers,

Terry

Mate, I lusted over that pair for yearsss. Nearly pulled the trigger a couple of times but never committed.

Glad they are going to a top bloke in Qld. 

Maybe one day when you get the 150s you'll think of me!

Al

• Like 1

So after spending quite a bit of time over a few days moving the speakers around in search of sq perfection finally this afternoon I decided rather than thinking I knew better I would try setting the speakers and listening couch up in an measured equilateral triangle and instantly the whole system sounds way better than it ever has.

I have asked my better half to smack me in the back of the head if she comes into the listening room and finds that I have moved the couch or the speakers from where they now are. ... :angel:

cheers,

Terry

B04E888D-26A2-41A5-9A59-35F8A7584627.jpeg

Edited by TerryO
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, TerryO said:

Wait till you hear them next time your down here Dan. ... ?

Those Fynes have already messed me up. I don't need to hear possibly the best actives in the world too

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They are 150 active towers (SCM150ASLT).  Room is 3.8m wide across the carpet and 7m deep. No problems with large ATCs in a smallish (narrow) room but some minor bass issues when I had them at the other end with a bay window in the middle.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ray H said:

Nice system ! ? is that the esoteric streamer and Mola Mola Pre ?

Thanks. Yes, you are correct. Mola Mola Makua as DAC and pre. Esoteric N-03T streamer is a recent purchase.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1