Spyder3TV question

Thinking of getting the Spyder3TV to calibrate my plasma.  Questions for those who have it/use it:

- Would it give significant improvement over calibration with discs only (eg, THX optimizer, DVE)

- Where to get?  (Is it available locally?)

- Anyone tried to use it to calibrate computer monitor?  (I know there is Spyder3Express, Pro, Elite for PCs for photographers.  But I'm thinking -- why can't I calibrate the computer monitor using Spyder3TV?)

Thanks.

Thinking of getting the Spyder3TV to calibrate my plasma.  Questions for those who have it/use it:

- Would it give significant improvement over calibration with discs only (eg, THX optimizer, DVE)

- Where to get?  (Is it available locally?)

- Anyone tried to use it to calibrate computer monitor?  (I know there is Spyder3Express, Pro, Elite for PCs for photographers.  But I'm thinking -- why can't I calibrate the computer monitor using Spyder3TV?)

Thanks.

1) Little improvement over "calibration with discs". Definitely not worth the price. The software is very basic and you cant really do greyscale and color calibration which is the more important than anything else.

2) Not available locally. Can look at Amazon or Adorama.

3) The hardware is same as the one that comes with  Spyder3 Express, Pro, Elite etc. However the those versions have software that creates display profiles. Syder3TV lacks that software.

Spyders are not factory calibrated and are generally not always accurate. You can do much better with X-rite Display2/LT and a free calibartion software for both monitor or TV calibartion. Its cheaper but little harder.