Pioneer KRP 500A - Still available?

Does anyone know if this is still available? If so from where and price?

Thanks

Go to Best Denki at IMM, they have it on display at $7999 & also the 60" model at $16999 respectively as well as the Pioneer Blu-Ray Player BDP-51FD at $699 & the BDP-71FD at $1999.

I guess LED LCDs are really driving the prices down. HN fair at Expo over the weekend saw a 600M display set selling at $12,999.  :o

I doubt anyone would bite at this kind of price. ::)

these pricings for those who don't bother to ask for special pricings..  ;)

these pricings for those who don't bother to ask for special pricings..  ;)

I think these folks should wait for the coming gen of Panny plasma which will achieve Kuro level blackness plus many more features.

http://asia.cnet.com/reviews/home_av/tvs/0,39037594,62061384,00.htm

Imagine watching Avatar in its 3D glory in the comfort of home...  ;D

The thing that most excited us about the 3D plasma was the 2D picture quality. The integration of Pioneer engineers into Panasonic's ranks is now apparent. The television features a Kuro-like design which does without the outer glass layer, meaning no internal reflections. The TV features a new "cell structure", but Panasonic was unable to quote the contrast ratio improvement until the TV's formal announcement in April.

Since Panny bought Pioneer's factory two years ago and licensed tech, even before Pioneer exited the business, I was wondering when this would finally happen.  I guess Panny "inherits" Pioneer's mantle of being the plasma leader.

When the 500A was released, Pioneer didn't quote contrast ratio either, with marketing material saying something to the effect that it was so big it was no longer meaningful to quote it.  Perhaps Panny will be doing the same thing?

It's good to hear that plasma tech is not being abandoned and continues to be improved; personally I still prefer plasmas to LCDs, though I will concede the difference is now minimal, as compared to the early days of really milky LCDs.  Although both may be moot if OLED proves to fulfill its promise.

Go to Best Denki at IMM, they have it on display at $7999 & also the 60" model at $16999 respectively as well as the Pioneer Blu-Ray Player BDP-51FD at $699 & the BDP-71FD at $1999.

Checkout the above, it seems it is still available but not at the prices you hope for.

Latest update on 500a. Pioneer bringing in 4 new sets fir the upcoming IT show. This was confirmed by pioneer @ adelphi. He even say they wun sell it for $3999, but insted ard $4.3k - $4.4k. This due to it's limited sets. If u really die, die wanna get 500a, uthis may be ur last chance on a new one. Unless u wanna get the 600m for $11k.

Latest update on 500a. Pioneer bringing in 4 new sets fir the upcoming IT show. This was confirmed by pioneer @ adelphi. He even say they wun sell it for $3999, but insted ard $4.3k - $4.4k. This due to it's limited sets. If u really die, die wanna get 500a, uthis may be ur last chance on a new one. Unless u wanna get the 600m for $11k.

Dropped by IT show.  No 500A.  They had a 60" going for $10,999, but when I remarked "the 600M?", no, it's the LX608  ???

Sheesh, that's a bit of a rip-off, selling the previous gen one at that kind of price...