My mobile phone contract ended. Come look at my proposal

dude

Hi all,

My mobile phone contract is over, so I can sign a new contract and get a new phone.

But the phone I want is discontinued, so I can't get it at a subsidized rate and must buy at shops at non-contract price at $400.

So, here's what I was thinking:

Option A

You choose the phone and pay the subsidized rate + $400 to me for me to buy the phone I want; OR

Option B

You pay the non-contract price less 10%;

whichever is higher.

To illustrate -

Example

Retail price: $1100

Subsidized phone price: $500

Option A will cost $500 + $400 = $900

Option B will cost $1100 less 10% = $990

So total cost to you will be $990, a saving of $110 over the normal retail price

My contract is with M1, so you will have that orange M1 button on the phone.

Let me know if I have mis-calculated in the examples, or if you have a counter proposal. We can discuss.

Thanks for reading

not to spoil your thread or something, but the current market price as observed at vr and hardware zone is around $230/basic plan unless yours is high end plan.

Not at all. I don't go to many sites - xtremeplace is probably the only one I go to for such topics - so thanks for the info.

Actually, will it matter whether it is a high end plan? Do you mean that the subsidy of the phone is higher with a high end plan?

Some shops like MobileSquare in Far East Plaza will take in brand new phones.  In other words, u renew your plan with the telco and get a high end phone, sell it immeidately to MobileSquare, and buy the "lower end" phone yourself (MobileSquare give quite good price btw).

Price (buy and sell, new and old) is available from their website.

http://www.mobilesquare.com.sg/products/products_listing.asp?cid=84

Actually, will it matter whether it is a high end plan? Do you mean that the subsidy of the phone is higher with a high end plan?

yes. what yongkiaz means is that if you ask for $400 top-up, that is beyond the market-rate of the savings a person would be getting from you signing up a plan, assuming you are on a basic plan.

Some phones have higher subsidy than others, by looking at the contract price and the non-contract price. You may want to do some comparison and get a good price contract phone to sell on your own, while buying your dream phone.