Which LCD in the 37 inch Range?

I need to buy a new TV for my sister in Australia (she's just bought a house) and really have not kept up with the TV space since moving to projectors many years ago, so I need your advice!

When I was in Aussie over Xmas we looked at some TVs and decided that 37 inch was about the right size for her. From looking at the LED TVs vs the standard backlit TVs I really couldn't see the difference in quality of the picture to justify the price different. My sister is not likely to care too much either. As she said, "I could get one for the room and one for the living room instead of getting one LED TV."

My Dad has a Panasonic 32 inch and I must say the image from that TV is rather good.

Considering all that, which are the best TVs as the moment in your humble opinions and why?

its in australia. so don't even know what kind of tv there have...

since it is just for the avg folks, it very simple for me... just get the cheapest... as long can watch can already... they do not really care whether its half hd or full hd or led or lcd tv...

It doesn't matter which country, as the fundamentals are the same - which brand has the best picture, processing, value for money TV in your opinion?

While people might not care about full HD, half HD, led or normal backlit, 120 Hz, de-interlacing capabilities etc., they can tell a good quality picture from a crap one. Like I mentioned, my Dad's TV is quite good and other non-HT-literate people have said that it's a nice picture, yet they wouldn't know anything about the specifications.

It doesn't matter which country, as the fundamentals are the same - which brand has the best picture, processing, value for money TV in your opinion?

While people might not care about full HD, half HD, led or normal backlit, 120 Hz, de-interlacing capabilities etc., they can tell a good quality picture from a crap one. Like I mentioned, my Dad's TV is quite good and other non-HT-literate people have said that it's a nice picture, yet they wouldn't know anything about the specifications.

the problem is prices is different in singapore and australia, so without prices... definitely cannot evaluate "value for money"....

furthermore, models in singapore and australia are different. what is available in sing may not be available in aus and vice versa...