Kworld - 321 HDMI Switch

Just for info that Challenger selling this at S$89 (on offer) ...or is there other place selling cheaper than this ?

Bought it and work like a charm ...no need power supplier they just auto detect the power-on hdmi devices that been connect.

http://global.kworld-global.com/main/prod_in.aspx?mnuid=1248&modid=6&pcid=57&ifid=28&prodid=245

Previously bought the below HDMI Switch and had a lot of problem , so do no waste time buy the below.

http://www.seowchoon.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=92_95&products_id=3917

Thanks to Norman, I went down and picked up one of these for $89 (member price). My 3yr old Daiyo has been flaky so I replaced it with this kworld switch. It works great. The mystery is that it doesn't require any power even though all the leds are on and it responds to remote control! Where does it get power? Must have a small nuclear generator on board. Actually I suspect it gets it from the HDMI connections. However, even when all the devices connected to it are off, it still functions!!

So far, have it connected to Starhub Digital, MioTV box and a WD-TV. Works flawlessly with all 3 on video and audio. Can't be happier.

Funan Challenger .....

Thanks.. saw this too late.. i went down to Challenger at Tampines 1 but they do not have it there.. they only have the daiyo one instead which costs S$180..

anyway i will go down to get it tomorrow..  ;)

Thanks to Norman, I went down and picked up one of these for $89 (member price). My 3yr old Daiyo has been flaky so I replaced it with this kworld switch. It works great. The mystery is that it doesn't require any power even though all the leds are on and it responds to remote control! Where does it get power? Must have a small nuclear generator on board. Actually I suspect it gets it from the HDMI connections. However, even when all the devices connected to it are off, it still functions!!

So far, have it connected to Starhub Digital, MioTV box and a WD-TV. Works flawlessly with all 3 on video and audio. Can't be happier.

Think the only flaw is the RED led too bright ...ha..ha...

A brilliant design I would say, limit the bandwidth to just 2.25GB.

So it won't need lots of power to work.

For a short distance connectivity, this should work fine.

I meant for your PC actually, I suspect they got the power from the HDMI port. Just a tap of the power from one of the pins.

• 3 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know if this kworld switch works with PS3? Read on some forums that PS3 has "handshake" compatibility issues with some HDMI switches, so only certain ones will work. Wonder if anyone has tried to use this switch with PS3? I bought a $130 HDMI switch from Sim Lim over a month ago, and it's only good to use as a doorstop now cos whenever I plug it to my PS3, the screen keeps flickering and goes blank. But it works ok with my PC's hdmi cable and AC Ryan HD Playon's hdmi cable too, so it's a PS3 issue, which means I'm stilling swopping cables every time I need to get on gaming. Any help wld be appeciated...just don't want to buy another dud.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, i've gotten my HDMI switch but it's not Kworld, namely because i'm not sure if it supports DTS/dolby etc in their website.

I am also afraid it might not work properly with my AVR.

instead i went to source around at SLS. Prices were from reasonable to ridiculous, from $85 to $180. At the end of the day i bought from a level 2 shop and bought the 3 port (w/ remote and manual switch) for $85. cheapest and money very well spent because it gave me zero problem, supports ps3, my philips blu ray and ACR HD mini. Best thing is the owner allow me to change in case it would not work. With the assurance i bought it and really no regrets..

• 5 months later...

I recently bought one of these switches from Challenger, and while it seems all right, I've had a lot of problems with the "free' HDMI cable that came bundled with it.

So far, I've returned it twice because it doesn't seem to work with my equipment.

I tried it with a Philips DVD player that upscales to 1080i or p (not sure which), a Sony digital camera with HDMI output, an AC Ryan media player and an Acer laptop. The output is to my old-ish Panasonic plasma TV which is not full-HD (it's 1366 x something IIRC). I've tried the cables both via the Kworld switch and directly linked to the TV, but it doesn't produce any picture apart from an occasional distorted picture that is displayed very briefly.

The only coherent picture I've managed to get is when my AC Ryan player boots up and the input is shown on the TV as 576p. The logo comes up for a few seconds but once the firmware starts (it's set to output 1080p) the screen goes blank. But even when I reset the AC Ryan to output 576p or just plain PAL there's still no picture after the logo.

All of the equipment works with another HDMI cable, so I have to conclude it's the Kworld cable problem. But now I'm on the third cable and it's still not working. At Challenger the latest cable was first tested on an HDMI splitter and that didn't work and then on some other device which DID work (so I took the cable). But now I'm wondering whether it was just producing some relatively low-resolution output. The cable is labelled 1.3.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem or if there's something that I'm missing.

• 1 month later...

I recently bought one of these switches from Challenger, and while it seems all right, I've had a lot of problems with the "free' HDMI cable that came bundled with it.

So far, I've returned it twice because it doesn't seem to work with my equipment.

I tried it with a Philips DVD player that upscales to 1080i or p (not sure which), a Sony digital camera with HDMI output, an AC Ryan media player and an Acer laptop. The output is to my old-ish Panasonic plasma TV which is not full-HD (it's 1366 x something IIRC). I've tried the cables both via the Kworld switch and directly linked to the TV, but it doesn't produce any picture apart from an occasional distorted picture that is displayed very briefly.

The only coherent picture I've managed to get is when my AC Ryan player boots up and the input is shown on the TV as 576p. The logo comes up for a few seconds but once the firmware starts (it's set to output 1080p) the screen goes blank. But even when I reset the AC Ryan to output 576p or just plain PAL there's still no picture after the logo.

All of the equipment works with another HDMI cable, so I have to conclude it's the Kworld cable problem. But now I'm on the third cable and it's still not working. At Challenger the latest cable was first tested on an HDMI splitter and that didn't work and then on some other device which DID work (so I took the cable). But now I'm wondering whether it was just producing some relatively low-resolution output. The cable is labelled 1.3.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem or if there's something that I'm missing.

Hi Sonofdbn

Did you solve your problem eventually?

I recently bought the KWorld 321 for use with my rather dated Toshiba LCD TV, AC Ryan and new Samsung BD-C5500. My TV too has only one HDMI input and it served me well with my AC Ryan. With the KWorld 321, the BD player gets detected and displays ok but not the AC Ryan. For the AC Ryan my experience is similar to yours ie it shows the initial AC Ryan logo and then nothing but some periodic flashes - my guess is that AC Ryan can't decide what resolution to show. But even if I fix the AC Ryan video setting it does not work. In my case it does not seem to be the cable cause the cable works with the BD player. I have another spare cable which I also used to test. No luck so very frus.

Hope you (or anyone else) can shed some light. TIA.

I went back to Challenger to buy another one, but they don't sell it any more. Instead, I bought another switch that doesn't need power, but you have to switch by manually pressing a button and it doesn't work with my HTPC. The Kworld was still the best one I've had.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Unfortunately I never solved the problem. After trying various things, I also don't think it's a cable problem. I think my initial testing was flawed.

I might take another look at it. If I do, I'll post back here.

Managed to solve problem with a simple 3-way HDMI switch that also does not need power supply. Unfortunately I did not keep the box nor receipt and there is no brand on the device. It looks something like this http://www.audiblog.org/3-port-hdmi-3d-ultra-mini-switch-switcher-selector-3-in-1-out-auto-switching-support-3d.html and I bought it from MediaMart in SLS (level 6).

Works with AC Ryan Playon HD with one catch - the TV has to be on the right channel/input source when you switch on your the AC Ryan, otherwise the audio does come through and you will have to turn off and on the AC Ryan for the audio to appear. Other than that it works! Beats changing cables.