Spikes making big differences to sound?

There are many footers/spikes available, some designed for coupling & de-coupling. Each has it's own chracteristics in sound when used in different component.

I myself is using mostly Finite Elemente stuffs on my system. I used the ceraball underneath my C1 stands and pre & cdp, whereas my power amp & rack is using cerapuc which can handle more weight. I achieved better resolutions, more pinpoint image, better soundstage as well and the better bass controlled.

if you read back some past thread last year its been mentioned. they do make a difference. be it decoupling or coupling. i was using spikes for my bookshelfs when i 1st started. after which stands with proper spikes seems better. some say instead of using 4 on the corners use just 3. lesser contact to surface, thus reduced virbrations. this brand is something different. currently using DH cones and absorbers for my equipment.

I myself is using mostly Finite Elemente stuffs on my system. I used the ceraball underneath my C1 stands and pre & cdp, whereas my power amp & rack is using cerapuc which can handle more weight. I achieved better resolutions, more pinpoint image, better soundstage as well and the better bass controlled.

Where did you get it and how are they priced?

Where did you get it and how are they priced?

Proceed to Music by Design at 2nd level Adelphi.

Set of 4pcs Ceraball is $280.00

Set of 3pcs Ceraball is $210.00

Set of 4 pcs Cerapuc is $580.00 if i not wrong

I'm not sure whether there's any price increase recently..need to check with them.

bro stealth, did u compare them to other brands? :)

i have stopped playing once i started using taoc products, but always good to know more.

I used to owned 3 sets of Nordost Titanium pulsar points best tweaki ever tried so far but after i got the FE rack I find it doesn't really work well with the rack so sold it off. That's why i use the ceraball/puc.

The FE footers is much more analog sound, natural and has more refine highs, whereas the TPP is more on wide soundstage and synergy or dynamics.

Previous tweaks I've ever tried are Solidtech Feet of Silence, Symposium roller-blks(best), DH cones (Med) & (L), Acoustic Revive DBP3, Qi cones

All this tweaks only used for a very short period coz it didn't suit my likings except the symposium RB.

I used to owned 3 sets of Nordost Titanium pulsar points best tweaki ever tried so far but after i got the FE rack I find it doesn't really work well with the rack so sold it off. That's why i use the ceraball/puc.

The FE footers is much more analog sound, natural and has more refine highs, whereas the TPP is more on wide soundstage and synergy or dynamics.

Previous tweaks I've ever tried are Solidtech Feet of Silence, Symposium roller-blks(best), DH cones (Med) & (L), Acoustic Revive DBP3, Qi cones

All this tweaks only used for a very short period coz it didn't suit my likings except the symposium RB.

I have my eye set on Roller blks and ringmat....

From what you say, i might give roller blks a try...

I have my eye set on Roller blks and ringmat....

From what you say, i might give roller blks a try...

They are not cheap if I not mistaken around $500-600 with tungsten carbide ball :o

Maybe now is cheaper must check with electrades audio.

They are not cheap if I not mistaken around $500-600 with tungsten carbide ball :o

Maybe now is cheaper must check with electrades audio.

i will compare the price here and hk :)

Hopefully it will be much cheaper in hk

May I ask, is the Craball or the cerapuc you perfer?

How about those pathform that place under the CD player or HiFi equipement? IS there any better then those spikes or stand mentioned?

Thank you

May I ask, is the Craball or the cerapuc you perfer?

How about those pathform that place under the CD player or HiFi equipement? IS there any better then those spikes or stand mentioned?

Thank you

Both..each model cater to different weight usage. The cerapuc/base is designed to withstand much heavier equipments like poweramps and racks or heavy speakers. If your equipment weight doesn't have the requirement of the indicated weight from the cerapuc then the sound quality is not optimise.

http://www.finite-elemente.de/en/zubehoer/ceraball/technische_daten

If checking on symposium rollerblocks series 2+ pricing in HK, might as well find out if their G3 superball upgrades are cheaper there too; they are a significant upgrade over the standard tungsten carbide balls.

I have a set of them employed in 'sandwich' formation with the superball upgrades under my preamp for a few years already, and found no compelling reason to upgrade or change to anything else. Note that while rollerblocks sound great under cdps, dacs and preamp, I've found them 'aggressive-sounding' under poweramps. Ymmv.

On the subject of spikes or spike bases for that matter, I'm a fan of harmonix. Works better than anything else I've tried. Have them under everything except the preamp (still with rollerblocks, as mentioned above). Best combo would be syn-100 spikes with rf-999mt mkii footers, consistently good-sounding under any stage I've tried them. Only downside: the price. Might be cheaper in HK too, compared to SG.

Tried Bright Star Isonode recently on integrated tube amp and CD/DVD player. It tighten up the bass. After a while, realised some loss of top end sparkle. Got some ball bearing and to add to the Isonode and the top end is much better now. Both Isonode and ball bearings are cheap, especially ball bearings. Even tried the ball bearing to replace the speaker cones. You may like to try. 

If checking on symposium rollerblocks series 2+ pricing in HK, might as well find out if their G3 superball upgrades are cheaper there too; they are a significant upgrade over the standard tungsten carbide balls.

I have a set of them employed in 'sandwich' formation with the superball upgrades under my preamp for a few years already, and found no compelling reason to upgrade or change to anything else. Note that while rollerblocks sound great under cdps, dacs and preamp, I've found them 'aggressive-sounding' under poweramps. Ymmv.

On the subject of spikes or spike bases for that matter, I'm a fan of harmonix. Works better than anything else I've tried. Have them under everything except the preamp (still with rollerblocks, as mentioned above). Best combo would be syn-100 spikes with rf-999mt mkii footers, consistently good-sounding under any stage I've tried them. Only downside: the price. Might be cheaper in HK too, compared to SG.

jotted down :) will check it out.

I wonder what it will do if i'm placing it under my integrated amp?

jotted down :) will check it out.

I wonder what it will do if i'm placing it under my integrated amp?

You mean rollerblocks? That largely depends, but the rollerblocks can be 'tuned' as well, just try adjusting them from outer edges towards the inner centre of the bottom of the chassis and see at which position you prefer (the resulting sound). Start by first locating them at the transformers/tubes section then work your way in. Can't really remember, but I think the treble frequencies are more defined towards the outer edges of the chassis, while you get more roll-off as you get towards the bottom centre of the chassis. Try adjusting slowly, play the same tune (which you are familiar), and take the position that sounds best. One swipe of pro-gold on the rollerblocks surface (where the ball rolls) also helps.

Good luck!

You mean rollerblocks? That largely depends, but the rollerblocks can be 'tuned' as well, just try adjusting them from outer edges towards the inner centre of the bottom of the chassis and see at which position you prefer (the resulting sound). Start by first locating them at the transformers/tubes section then work your way in. Can't really remember, but I think the treble frequencies are more defined towards the outer edges of the chassis, while you get more roll-off as you get towards the bottom centre of the chassis. Try adjusting slowly, play the same tune (which you are familiar), and take the position that sounds best. One swipe of pro-gold on the rollerblocks surface (where the ball rolls) also helps.

Good luck!

ok thanks :)

will try it out when i get them :)