Star-grounded Distribution Box

Hi guys, I read that star-grounded distribution box is good as it will reduce EMI by a lot more than running the circuit in serial. So the question is where to get one? Thanks in advance.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys, I read that star-grounded distribution box is good as it will reduce EMI by a lot more than running the circuit in serial. So the question is where to get one? Thanks in advance.

Wad is a star-grounded DB? Is it separated from the main DB connected directly to the outside mains? Any pic to show?

Hi bro, can I ask how good is this distributor compared to other design? Thanks.

In layman term, a star-wired design is like all points receive the source current at the same time ie. no favouritism. This construction requires more lengths of wire ie. more work.

The "normal ones" is like 4 scattered points along a chain receiving from only one source current located at one end of the chain ie. some are more equal than the others.

How good? - I felt that flow of things are more in sync.

In layman term, a star-wired design is like all points receive the source current at the same time ie. no favouritism. This construction requires more lengths of wire ie. more work.

The "normal ones" is like 4 scattered points along a chain receiving from only one source current located at one end of the chain ie. some are more equal than the others.

How good? - I felt that flow of things are more in sync.

Thanks for explaining. Cheers.

Alternatives to star boxes which is even better, provided your cables can fit. Do an octopus style ie. run multiple power cords on same plug into the mains socket. Less 1 termination and even better and cheaper than distribution box. This is only possible if your power cords are not that thick.

Alternatives to star boxes which is even better, provided your cables can fit. Do an octopus style ie. run multiple power cords on same plug into the mains socket. Less 1 termination and even better and cheaper than distribution box. This is only possible if your power cords are not that thick.

Hi, do you have any pix to show how does this looks like? Thanks

huh? multiple power cords to the same mains? Meaning the same plug to main will feed multiple devices ar? Not very safe ar.. 

Up to you. I got friends who had compared distributor and wall socket of the same brand and its clear using distributor is a compromise. In fact octopus is also a compromise. Nothing beats direct hardwire from circuit breaker without any termination.  :P

I don't know about others but I don't think I will go for this octopus style box. Cheers.

Bros,

I see no mention, but do bear in mind that without a proper 'primary earth' the benefit of star earth typology is completely diluted.

So bro, which design is better sounding? Thanks.

Up to you. I got friends who had compared distributor and wall socket of the same brand and its clear using distributor is a compromise. In fact octopus is also a compromise. Nothing beats direct hardwire from circuit breaker without any termination.  :P

But den again, if for ppl using transport, dac, pre amp and bi amping clearly by plugging everything to the wall sockets are going to a big mess man.  

Juz a though, anyone try installing a UK plug from a US distributor to the wall socket? In this way we will not have to change the wall socket to a US socket.

But den again, if for ppl using transport, dac, pre amp and bi amping clearly by plugging everything to the wall sockets are going to a big mess man.  

Juz a though, anyone try installing a UK plug from a US distributor to the wall socket? In this way we will not have to change the wall socket to a US socket.

Just have to keep in mind to reverse the polarity at either the US or UK end to maintain correct polarity. Also depends whether you are willing to strip off the factory termination of your US powercord to install a UK plug. If US powercord is a low gauge one, the Furutech UK plug works well.

Just have to keep in mind to reverse the polarity at either the US or UK end to maintain correct polarity. Also depends whether you are willing to strip off the factory termination of your US powercord to install a UK plug. If US powercord is a low gauge one, the Furutech UK plug works well.

This the plug, Furutech UK Mains Plug FI-1363 G (13Amp).

I hear alot abt this Furutech plug, how much does it cost? I intent to do a US star grounded DB at LHS and if possible include this main plug in. 

I think this plug cost >$140. You will need it if your cable are of heavy gauge.

• 2 weeks later...