Selling Vintage ARCAM Pre and Power

Hi Frds,

Selling my Arcam Pre and Power Combo ($850) , recently 2-3mths ago it was sold on the Ebay for 250pound for 110S Preamp w/o DAC and 350 pound for power amp.

1. Arcam Delta 110 Digital Preamp - Full function Pre amp with ARCAM famous DAC inbuild.

2. Arcam Delta 120.2 Power amp - 105w per channel, Twin Mono

Quote from Website :

http://www.avforums.com/forums/arcam-owners-forum/163681-arcam-delta-120-2-a.html

http://www.jackvandijk.nl/stereo/arcam.htm

Delta 120.2 Power Amplifier

The Delta 120.2 is the perfect partner for the Delta 110 preamplfier. It is a "twin mono" unit, consisting of two totally separate 100 watt mono amplifiers, each with its own power supply and toroidal mains transformer. This technique, though expensive, virtually eliminates interactions between the two channels and contributes toward the remarkably fine sound quality of the Delta 120.2.

The Delta 120.2 is a real powerhouse. Its paralleled pairs of output transistors and 44,000 microfads of reservoir capacitors endow it with a peak current capacity of 25 amps per channel. When combined with a continuous power output of 100 watts per channel into 8 ohms (over 150 W into 4 ohms), this ensures almost any loudspeaker can be effortlessly driven to extraordinary volume levels.

A further strength of the 120.2 is the way in which it offers a clear upgreading path for the future. You can start with just one amplifier, driving a normal pair of speakers. If the speakers are bi-wireable, it's then easy to get a marked improvement in clarity by adding a second 120.2 and two extra runs of speaker cable. Use the two channels of one amplifier to drive the left speaker (treble and bass) and the two channels fo the other to drive the right speaker (treble and bass). Alternatively, you can trade a little clarity for extra dynamic range by "bridging" each Delta 120.2 to give yourself a pair of high powered mono units. Each is then capable of delivering an awesome 300 watts of continuous power into an 8 ohm loudspeaker!

No modifications to the amplifiers or cabling are needed in either case, as hidden switches on the rear panel neatly perform all the necessary signal routing.

Finally the connection of speaker cables in any configuration is made easy by the provision of two pairs of speaker outlets. For the greates flexibility, they can be switched independently, or even switched off altogether, for example when listening with headphones on the Delta 110 preamplifier.

Technical Specifications

Continuous Power Output

Both channels, 8 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 105W

Single channel, 8 ohms, 1kHz, 280W

Single channel, 4 ohms, 1kHz, 355W

THD, 1kHz, 80% max, output, 0.01%

Peak Current Rating 25A

Frequency response 0.5dB, 10Hz-20kHz

Input sensitivity 1.00V

Input impedance 10kOhm

Signal to noise ratio 100dB

General

Power Requirements 220-240 V, 50/60 Hz

Power Consumption 600 W

Dimensions (WxHxD) 430 x 92 x 301 mm

Weight 7.2 kg

Please Contact : 93838908

thanks

Hi, Flatearthling.

Can i know your pre/power combo condition rating ? (function & cosmetic)

Is the price slight nego ?

Thanks.

PCW

Hi Pang,

This Combo is working good and preamp actually can be volume control, which i tested using an Arcam Cd Player volume control to adjust.

Rating for this combo : 8/10

I am being conservative here on the cosmetic, RCA connectors not tarnish, all the gold plating clearly intact.

DAC in preamp also working very well, when i connector to my Arcam Cdplayer.

Internally very clean (I have not clean it though), all boards are shiny.

Sound : Operationally good.

Price : can neg a little but give a serious consideration for this price against the sound, especially the digital Pre w/DAC and 2 transformer, power with fully Dual Mono circuit.

On the market its really hard to match with this. Of course if you are a british sound lover.

Cheers

i'm using Arcam Delta 290 & 290P

so upz for ur Arcam combo  ;D

Cheers...Vintage Arcam is really good stuff. I used to have Arcam 290 and 290P as well driving my Dynaudio 1.1 and 1.3SE.

I feel that new Arcam stuff are price a little steep and using lower quality stuff. I really impressed with the good components they used once you open up the case, even the cables using Audioquest.

Well, they no longer made this anymore. so cheers to vintage.

Appreciate your upz...

Hi, Flatearthling.

Thanks for your clarification. So far i used to Int. amp but not keen to try on Pre/power setup. Im current using CA Azur 640C V2 & PSB speaker T1 (not really famous but it sounds ok for me). I need to do some research to figure out the matching part.

Last question, are you selling them because of upgrading ? Just curious.

Cheers,

pang

HI, Flatearthling.

Has already text you twice but no respond. Are you still keen to let go ur combo ?

Tks.

Hi Pang,

Someone wanted it and will be auditing tonite, if not sold will definitely let you know.

Sorry for the late reply as i was working in Msia.

Cheers

and Happy New Year to you and your Family.