Recommend a replacement for Front Speakers

Hi All,

Selling my 5.1 system (front using JBL XE-3), was thinking to change to satellite system, now have another thought of change the front speakers first.

Any good recommendation? looking for 2 ways bookshelf at budget ard 300-400. Music and Movie at 50/50.

Thanks in advance.

What system are you using now?

There are many speakers in that range from Wharfedale, Mission, Monitor Audio, even JBL.

Most of them can be expanded into HT systems later.

You will need to audition them with your kind of music, and your amp if possible. Have a read of the sticky above or search for how to audition and systems for more info.

Cheers

Yamaha RXV-540 (sold out recently). will be buying Denon 1610 or 1910.

center - JBL SC305

rear - VAV Space A6

at the dilemma, either satellite (Def Tech ProCinema 600) or change my speakers one by one.

Thanks.

Since you are going for Denon AV amps, I suggest you visit the shops where the amp is sold and try it with some of the speakers in that shop within your budget.

And also see what others are using in the 3-4 threads on Denon amps which feature these models.

City Electronics in SLS, KEC, Seng Heng, Alpha Audio and Anson etc carry many speakers which will fit your budget and have the Denons. You get a better deal that way too.

You would also have read here that most speakers which are good for musc will be fine for HT.

Cheers