S'pore Concerts - Green Day / The Killers / Echo

Anybody from XP going for these concerts?

I've already got tickets for Green Day and The Killers, but still looking for some fellow '80s refugees to go for Echo & The Bunnymen next month...

Naglfar - Presume you'll be at Green Day? Still remember you and the hall band playing When I Come Around back in the day...

Echo & The Bunnymen....... Abso-F'n-lutely!! ;D I'll be there with my gf & kakis.

Have you kept up with their more recent stuff? Their 1990s comeback album Evergreen was magnificent, and their stuff in this decade has been very consistent, i.e. it has the classic Echo sound, although it's a bit stagnant.

Also, they had a side project in the mid-1990s under a different name, Electrafixion, but it was really The Mac and Will Sargent.

I've already got tickets for Green Day and The Killers, but still looking for some fellow '80s refugees to go for Echo & The Bunnymen next month...

I'd consider myself an '80s refugee as well, but the Bunnymen were a bit too esoteric for my taste.  But if Spandau's reunion tour ever brings them here, I'll probably be first in line for tix...

Guest AndrewC

Have you kept up with their more recent stuff? Their 1990s comeback album Evergreen was magnificent, and their stuff in this decade has been very consistent, i.e. it has the classic Echo sound, although it's a bit stagnant.

Also, they had a side project in the mid-1990s under a different name, Electrafixion, but it was really The Mac and Will Sargent.

I was a huge fan from their earliest days, though I have to admit my interest kind of waned when Ian went splitsville and de Freitas died. But I picked up again with Flowers and stuck with them since. Agreed that their new stuff is consistently good, including Fountain, I think Ian's vocals is in better form than it's ever been. That said though, tracks from Heaven Up Here and Ocean Rain are ridiculously classic stuff! I just hope they perform at least some of them at the show, at the very least maybe throw us a bone with Rescue or Promise or Killing Moon…  ;D

I was a huge fan from their earliest days, though I have to admit my interest kind of waned when Ian went splitsville and de Freitas died. But I picked up again with Flowers and stuck with them since. Agreed that their new stuff is consistently good, including Fountain, I think Ian's vocals is in better form than it's ever been. That said though, tracks from Heaven Up Here and Ocean Rain are ridiculously classic stuff! I just hope they perform at least some of them at the show, at the very least maybe throw us a bone with Rescue or Promise or Killing Moon…  ;D

And please, DON'T spare us The Cutter...we want The Cutter!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest AndrewC

Can't say it was the most exciting gig.... but a fairly "intimate" crowd, excellent acoustics, brilliant setlist, two encores, and most importantly, spectacular vocals from Ian!! Thoroughly enjoyed it, worth every dollar  ;D

Guest AndrewC

Curious, did they perform "The Puppet?"

Nope, can't recall them playing the Puppet.

Contrary to the post-gig review in the Straits Times, I thought EATB played a good range of material from virtually all their albums. They teased the audience, holding off playing Lips like Sugar till virtually the very end, during the second encore for example. What was also nice was the absence of any opening band ruining the experience - nice clean 80 minute gig with no distractions.

One of the few gigs I've been to here in recent times which seemed to have way more Caucasians than locals; actually it was a little disconcerting being near balding 40-50 year old caucasian blokes jumping up and down like teenagers right up at the stage, probably trying to recapture their Top Of the Pops youth ;D

ps: Their Youtube Tour Blog; http://www.youtube.com/user/BunnymenTourBlog