Need advise for Interconnect

Anyone here know through which output method below will produce the best sounding ?

- Analog/MCH Analog to receiver through RCA cable.

- Everything through HDMI cable.

I was told analog path produce better sound on my Arcam, not sure it is true.

Any best (reasonable price of course) interconnect for RCA and HDMI which produce warmer sounding ?

??? ??? ???His signature got list his equipment mah.

I think the Arcam AVR600 is quite a good AVR.

My advise is to use the HDMI connection first.

Then try the analog once you have got some decent IC.

Then compare which one you prefer.

Edit : Hmm... just checked. The Arcam AVR cost over £3K! Just use a decent HDMI then. Less cables than using 4 pairs of IC. Envy  :)

As a general guide, the device which has a better DAC will deliver better analog outputs.

If U want "warmer" sound for stereo listening, I think U will get better results putting in a tube buffer than from analog interconnects.

Do you mean put a tube preamp/power amp ? and output from there ?

??? ??? ???His signature got list his equipment mah.

I think the Arcam AVR600 is quite a good AVR.

My advise is to use the HDMI connection first.

Then try the analog once you have got some decent IC.

Then compare which one you prefer.

Edit : Hmm... just checked. The Arcam AVR cost over £3K! Just use a decent HDMI then. Less cables than using 4 pairs of IC. Envy  :)

Already spent so much $, don't mind to spend on a good cable. Just want to get the correct items which can use for permanant (either a good HDMI or RCA cable) rather than trial an error then later keep inside the box.

U can have a tube pre with power amp but if U just want it simple & use your current AVR as amp, just add a tube buffer in between your source & AVR.

I think the characteristic sound of Arcam is already very laid-back & warm sounding by itself. I believe there is no need to add anything in between to create additional signal loss just make sure you use good interconnects to bring out it's true colours and if you prefer it to be more fast & forward sounding just use a good silver interconnect instead of copper.

Moreover, you are paying big bucks for it and it should be able to produce the type of SQ that you are looking for without adding anything to it given Arcam's reputation. However, do take note that the AVR600 has many firmware issues that have yet to be resolve so do your research before you commit to it but once you do, there is no regret for choosing it. Just sharing my 2 cents worth.

I think the characteristic sound of Arcam is already very laid-back & warm sounding by itself. I believe there is no need to add anything in between to create additional signal loss just make sure you use good interconnects to bring out it's true colours and if you prefer it to be more fast & forward sounding just use a good silver interconnect instead of copper.

Moreover, you are paying big bucks for it and it should be able to produce the type of SQ that you are looking for without adding anything to it given Arcam's reputation. However, do take note that the AVR600 has many firmware issues that have yet to be resolve so do your research before you commit to it but once you do, there is no regret for choosing it. Just sharing my 2 cents worth.

Thanks. This is what I think as well, so I only need a good cable to do the work.