recommend me best way to wire avr and stereo amp sharing same speakers?

See here http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=44149.0#lastPost on how to marry HT & Stereo.  :)

Hi bro, that's what I mean. By using option 1 I have to manually hold the stupid Power Amp Direct button on stereo amp for 3-5 seconds to listen to CD. Then another 3-5 seconds for TV and HT, and then another......

That's why I am thinking of option 2 but someone just said it is not a good idea because I am not using my D/A convertor on the stereo amp.  ???

Must be my age, I can't remember asking this question before.  ;D

Guest jonlee

Hi bro, that's what I mean. By using option 1 I have to manually hold the stupid Power Amp Direct button on stereo amp for 3-5 seconds to listen to CD. Then another 3-5 seconds for TV and HT, and then another......

That's why I am thinking of option 2 but someone just said it is not a good idea because I am not using my D/A convertor on the stereo amp.  ???

Ur stereo amp got D/A convertor one meh?

Guest jonlee

Solly I neubie. So that means okay right?

okay as in u will get sound coming out...but u are wasting the better power amp of ur stereo amp and using the "not so tokong" power amp of ur avr.  By doing this, u may as well sell away ur stereo amp.

The Marantz pre-bypass is pretty clunky.

Why not look at the Emotiva pre/power combos. The stereo pre amp has a bypass mode that I believe is selectable by remote like Wymun's Densen and my Bel Canto.

And their solutions seem quite affordable.

I bought the marantz then noticed the Emotiva.  ::)  Already bought a few white elephants liao due to impulse  :-[

why not you try both options first and see which one you like before making any decisions. Option 2 may not necessarily be bad and could be an improvement. You have more power to your mains for 2 channel music and may make the speakers sing better. For audio, you will have to experiment and try out for yourself which one you like as different people have different tastes and genes of music. Without trying, you never know the differences and what you could be possibly missing....