Stereophile Subscription for cheap

I caved and bought the digital version.

There was a pop up when I went to the online site.. and was tempted to get the print version for abt US$20 for 12 issues.

But having ordered my old Maximum PC from US before, it can take a while to reach and the postage makes it less competitive, so I looked at the digital version. It costs less than US$30 for 36 issues. No free gift, but frankly, it's no loss to me.

Downside is that I gotta use my PC or Mac to read for the moment but the iPhone version is in the works.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeap, Zinio is how the digital version of Stereophile is "readable".

But Zinio only supports PC and Mac today. There is no generic pdf document.

i see. didn't know that you were looking for an offline pdf copy to browse. :)

I don't need a PDF version but it does allow easier access (Windows Mobile phone etc).

Right now need to wait for the iPhone version.

I also noticed the PC version isn't particularly responsive. Hope the iPhone version is better. I am using Kindle for iPhone and the reading speed is amazing

This is weird, I know that I've downloaded the Zinio app into my iPhone some time ago but can't find it now??

was there ever a zinio app? i don't recall seeing it on the app store ... i just searched for it and nada.

There was a pop up when I went to the online site.. and was tempted to get the print version for abt US$20 for 12 issues.

But having ordered my old Maximum PC from US before, it can take a while to reach and the postage makes it less competitive, so I looked at the digital version. It costs less than US$30 for 36 issues. No free gift, but frankly, it's no loss to me.

In the future, you can go ahead and order the print version.  My copy normally arrives around the 23rd of the proceeding month, so you get it even before it's available in bookstores here in Singapore.  What Hi Fi could learn something from Stereophile about appropriate pricing for international editions of magazines....

In the future, you can go ahead and order the print version.  My copy normally arrives around the 23rd of the proceeding month, so you get it even before it's available in bookstores here in Singapore.  What Hi Fi could learn something from Stereophile about appropriate pricing for international editions of magazines....

been on the cheap-ass print version sub for years.