Any where I can get Sony XA5400ES?

Hi guys, I have trying to get my hands on this sony sacd cdp but I'm having big problem sourcing a 230v version. jonchoon has been a great help for giving me 2 online shops (dnet24 & stoneaudio) but however from the online rating in UK rated stoneaudio very badly so i decided to give it a miss and order from dnet24 instead. The problem is dnet24 does not seem to be interested after i place a order and select payment by TT, I'm suppose to get a separated email stating the bank details and the shipping charges but it they fail to do so even after repeated attempts by me to chase them! Damm it..

Do you guys know any online shops which are selling this model? Most of them in UK or Germany does not do international shipping..  

oops!  sorry to hear that.  dnet24 is slow (with English speaking customers, i assume) but pretty reputable.  the x'mas season also not helping.  still no excuse for them not to reply to you.

for 230v version, u have little choice loh.  :(

wps

yalar, wah piang.. i order on the 25th dec le.. kao i even do a translate from english to german using google translate! lol

pete, juz check sony nz out, the RRP is way to high man.. ard SGD2.9k wor!

• 1 month later...

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue47/sonyscdxa5400es.htm

Review of the 5400ES ;)

with mods... junchoon, you reading?

yeah, i read it already.  the mod is more expensive than i paid for my player!  frankly i am VERY satisfied with the sound of the stock player, u just get drawn into the music.  if there is mod, it will have to be darn good to justify touching the player loh.

btw, in Malaysia, the same mod (authorised by VSE) is even more expensive than USD1500!  close to rm6500!  but of course lah, save shipping if done locally.

no dealer interested to import the stock unit ahh??  hmmm...

sean, 

i know, u tried to get it but can't.  how's the CA840??

cheers,

wps

Well my cdp had clocked about 160+hr aldy and it definitely sound much when out of the box. Smooth, clean and detail but I would like it to be abit more on the warmer side. Somehow it has make some of my cds to sound real bad..    

This may sound weird but have you thought of using a different power conditioner or distributor?

I found the Benchmark DAC to be quite unlistenable with badly mastered CDs. But switching to an ESP Reference distributor gave me a surprisingly smoother more mellow sound. Soundstage and imaging improved as well as providing a darker background. The harshness I heard was gone.

Better/tighter power plug/socket interface. Hence, less noisy contact, less background noise more detail popping up. That's why some mags advocate cleaning/polishing/treating your power plugs' contact pin every so often. The same applies to to I/Cs and S/Cs to a lesser extent. We want to get rid of the background noise.

Opps! Sorry for the OT.  ;D

That's the thing, I didn't change the cords or the ICs.

Just the Essence.

DH, i am referring to seanyzf's want to change his sound to be warmer - i.e. change tonality.

Your Essence is not going to do that despite its other improvements. Well, unless he goes for a distributor from brands like Shunyata.

Hmmm.. I'm also looking for a power distributer but ESP Reference distributor or Shunyata seem to be abit overkill on my poor man system.  ;D DH what made u bought this ESP? Do you all think trying some DH cones for the cdp and maybe try nordost flatline speaker cables can solve my problems?

Here's one with balanced connections ;)

http://www.audio-horizons.com/pages/tube_buffer.html

FWIW, I think I wouldn't want the tube buffer to be on all the time. I noticed that the bass is rolled off as is the treble. That works OK for some recordings but it's not a cure all solution IMHO so I like the ability to control it.

In my case, I used to use balanced XLR from DAC to preamp and then RCA out from DAC to tube buffer then to pre-amp so I could switch between the two.

I vaguely recall the Peachtree Nova/Decco has a switch that allows tube buffer out vs SS output. Might be well worth considering.