Inviite for listening session of Harbeth M30

Hi guys,

I'm organising a small sharing session for Harbeth lovers.

I have a set up of Harbeth M30 for this week till 2nd Jan, Saturday noon. For those who are interested to know how this pair of speaker sound can come cover to listen on Saturday morning from 10 onwards till 12+.

As my place is small, I can only invite 3 brudders for this session.

Jsut put in your names here for those who are interested.

Thank you.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi ks,

How long have you used the YBA to drive the M30? Using digital source or LP?

Thanks,

total drive time ~ 40hrs. both digital and analogue.

Bigger Harbeth like M30 or SHL-5 still able to sound good in smaller room. U just need to work on room treatment . A bass trap & some absorder is the solution.Tis harbeth dun need mega watt amp to sound good.... I meant they really sound kick-ass good ! U can sit for hours enjoy listening wit no fatigue to our ears. Best English sounding speakers I ever owned. Of course the legendary shoebox mini speaker still go to LS3/5a. IMO

The M30s were very nice but they do need room to sound their best which I sadly do not have currently. Thanks for the listening session ks!

Hope that you are ok with the session.

Unfortunately, speakers are not fully run in. Tweeter still sounded hot and not as extended and smooth.

And also, the amp is really a limitation.

indeed.. sometimes it does sound monotonous. depends on the tracks you spin imo..

Heard many Harbeths in many setups. Although the magic is in the midrange, they can flap your trousers if u use the appropriate electronics. Mine are happily delivering music from vocals to thrash metal  :P

Speakers that pump out loud sound but no musical  to our hearing were classified as "NOISE" Big Slam & shuttered bass were best use on Homethreater for enjoying action movies wif familys. Infact ,they are bad to our precious hearing for prolong listening  to those noise. Hey, when is our first/last time on audiomatric test bro:) LOL! Not long ago ,I was once like many dude out there chasing after speaker/monitors that able to pump out the very last juice of detail "shiok man" .Realised much later,It was'nt the right direction I'm after... bigger mistake /nightmare on tsi kind of set-up for audio only bro. The  main factor in most case is we love to crank up the vol. on the amp to the level we listening to beyond our ears can take it. Do u call tis music?? I doubt so...our neighours gonna kill us all ! Would u be able to sit back in relaxing form to enjoy those beautiful songs sung by all renowned artist for long hrs.? ? Heee..heee.Heck, what do I know here as compare to many senior member in tis forum... Just my 2c for sharing personal view.Cheers

Speakers that pump out loud sound but no musical  to our hearing were classified as "NOISE" Big Slam & shuttered bass were best use on Homethreater for enjoying action movies wif familys. Infact ,they are bad to our precious hearing for prolong listening  to those noise. Hey, when is our first/last time on audiomatric test bro:) LOL! Not long ago ,I was once like many dude out there chasing after speaker/monitors that able to pump out the very last juice of detail "shiok man" .Realised much later,It was'nt the right direction I'm after... bigger mistake /nightmare on tsi kind of set-up for audio only bro. The  main factor in most case is we love to crank up the vol. on the amp to the level we listening to beyond our ears can take it. Do u call tis music?? I doubt so...our neighours gonna kill us all ! Would u be able to sit back in relaxing form to enjoy those beautiful songs sung by all renowned artist for long hrs.? ? Heee..heee.Heck, what do I know here as compare to many senior member in tis forum... Just my 2c for sharing personal view.Cheers

excellent write up. Cheers~~

I do agreed with you. Harbeth does need a good amp with quality power to drive it well or it can sound a little lack of dynamic.

i will be the 3rd to agree with this. :)

have heard some nice harbeth setup with decent dynamics, but usually it needs some work to get the matching right.

Guest ruzhyo

True lah, Harbeth sounds boring.  

Everytime I listen to it, I fall asleep.

Cannot finish 1 CD.  Too relax, sounds too good.  

Diana, Eve, Ella and Tsia Qin sing lullaby to me everyday, wife freaking angry when she came home and heard woman singing in my room thinking its the china FT from next door!

Best to avoid. 

Use other speakers, wife sure would not mistake it for a real person's voice.