My bad experience with cattylink

Guys,

I am just wondering if it is only me or is there anyone else have any complains with cattylink’s after sales service?  I bought an E5-m cd player from them and barely after 1 week, it refused to power on.  Seems that the fuse blows upon powering up.  Send an email to their tech support, get them 2 days to ask 1 question and another day to ask another question.  The following week, they came back to me saying that high probability that the toroidal transformer shorted & says that the best is to send me a replacement. I have given them my mailing since & never heard from them till today.  I have send them numerous emails, cc to info@cattylink.com, service@cattylink.com, techsupport@cattylink.com and cattylink@vip.163.com asking for updates but never got any single reply.  It was a month ago.  I don’t even know if they received my reply on the shipping address or they are just not sincere to settle my case in the 1st place.  And their excuses is that their servers were down but when I ask some of my friends to make some general enquiries using their own email, they got all the replies!!  Probably blacklisted my email as spam??

That was totally opposite from the way they handle my inquiry before the purchase.  I was so impressed by their prompt or almost instant replies when asking for products info as they were 24 hour online.  They told me they have a policy that if the product we buy from them spoiled within the first 2 weeks, they will bear the shipping cost both ways, after the 2nd week on, they will only bear 1 way as we will hv to send it back at our own cost and their policy to reply every single email within 12 hours the most and their so called professional quality assurance test before shipping could be a hoax too??  So much for all the sweet talks!!

I have even send in a dispute to paypal asking them to hold the payment and yet they still refused to reply me but in the end, paypal can’t do anything as the dispute only covers the shipping/delivery process.  Once your parcel is received, there won’t be anymore interception from paypal.

Now, it is like the meat is on their chopping, up to them to chop as they like.  Nothing much I can do, probably write off the cdp completely.  Oh ya, I hv tried to call them directly but 2 out of the 3 lines listed on their website will never got thru while the other is not cattylink!!

Completely lost now, not sure what else to do.  Any suggestion from you guys?  Can the toroidal transformer be repair?

:(

Guest francis woo

Guys,

I am just wondering if it is only me or is there anyone else have any complains with cattylink’s after sales service?  I bought an E5-m cd player from them and barely after 1 week, it refused to power on.  Seems that the fuse blows upon powering up.  Send an email to their tech support, get them 2 days to ask 1 question and another day to ask another question.  The following week, they came back to me saying that high probability that the toroidal transformer shorted & says that the best is to send me a replacement. I have given them my mailing since & never heard from them till today.  I have send them numerous emails, cc to info@cattylink.com, service@cattylink.com, techsupport@cattylink.com and cattylink@vip.163.com asking for updates but never got any single reply.  It was a month ago.  I don’t even know if they received my reply on the shipping address or they are just not sincere to settle my case in the 1st place.  And their excuses is that their servers were down but when I ask some of my friends to make some general enquiries using their own email, they got all the replies!!  Probably blacklisted my email as spam??

That was totally opposite from the way they handle my inquiry before the purchase.  I was so impressed by their prompt or almost instant replies when asking for products info as they were 24 hour online.  They told me they have a policy that if the product we buy from them spoiled within the first 2 weeks, they will bear the shipping cost both ways, after the 2nd week on, they will only bear 1 way as we will hv to send it back at our own cost and their policy to reply every single email within 12 hours the most and their so called professional quality assurance test before shipping could be a hoax too??  So much for all the sweet talks!!

I have even send in a dispute to paypal asking them to hold the payment and yet they still refused to reply me but in the end, paypal can’t do anything as the dispute only covers the shipping/delivery process.  Once your parcel is received, there won’t be anymore interception from paypal.

Now, it is like the meat is on their chopping, up to them to chop as they like.  Nothing much I can do, probably write off the cdp completely.  Oh ya, I hv tried to call them directly but 2 out of the 3 lines listed on their website will never got thru while the other is not cattylink!!

Completely lost now, not sure what else to do.  Any suggestion from you guys?  Can the toroidal transformer be repair?

Bro, sorry to hear this.  I used to deal with Snowy Law before and he was quite responsive in his replies and assistance.  Got my Mingda mc7r and Xindak dac 5 from him previously.  Lucky no problem with these machines........... :P

Bro, sorry to hear this.  I used to deal with Snowy Law before and he was quite responsive in his replies and assistance.  Got my Mingda mc7r and Xindak dac 5 from him previously.  Lucky no problem with these machines........... :P

Oh yes, not only Snowy Law, in fact all of them were extremely responsive before the purchase.  But to be fair, even after purchase, they were also quite responsive when ever I hv minor technical problem but I just dont understand why did they do the a total opposite when there is a warranty claims.  The most scary part is that their phone number listed on their website, they can never be reached by phone!  Sigh!!

Oh yes, not only Snowy Law, in fact all of them were extremely responsive before the purchase.  But to be fair, even after purchase, they were also quite responsive when ever I hv minor technical problem but I just dont understand why did they do the a total opposite when there is a warranty claims.  The most scary part is that their phone number listed on their website, they can never be reached by phone!  Sigh!!

Did they even say when a replacement toroid is coming?

Did they even say when a replacement toroid is coming?

no man, the last time a hear from them is asking for my shipping address & that was 6/11/2009.  I was in the dark till now, not knowing if they even received my email on the shipping address despite numerous email to them to check the status.  No reply at all!  Damm frustrated

Normally, hi-end hifi manufacturer will provide shipping dates for parts to their dealers as part of their RMA process. They don't want to lose customers, especially when the market size is a very small one compared to the overall Consumer Electronics industry.

You can draw your own conclusion.

Ya, I am more or less drawn to the conclusion that my case is a goner. 

Guest francis woo

Ya, I am more or less drawn to the conclusion that my case is a goner. 

Send fax and email and threaten them that if they don't respond and replace defective unit, you will go to all AV forums and expose their bad service and sales con.

Bring the unit down to Memory Lane and ask Adrian to take a look and see whether he can bring it back to life or not.

Bring the unit down to Memory Lane and ask Adrian to take a look and see whether he can bring it back to life or not.

already ask a technician to check, confirmed the toroidal transformer kaput.  Either get a replacement or customised an EI transformer to replace it but will hv to be my last resort as it might change the sound greatly, yes? no?.  Is it really no way that a toroidal transformer can be repair?

Don't think by changing to another transformer will change the sound. Even if there is, it's going to be very minor & might not be even heard.

So long as U change to the same type of transformer with the same or higher VA ratings, everything is gonna be fine.

Better still if U have space for 2 separate transformers to supply the digital & analog sections independently.  ;)

It's better to spend a small amount to get your CDP working & enjoy your music than to bother yourself with your bad experience with Cattylink.

Just treat it as a small lesson learned but when any one decides to buy online or import from overseas, he should be prepared to deal with these sort of issues.  8)

already ask a technician to check, confirmed the toroidal transformer kaput.  Either get a replacement or customised an EI transformer to replace it but will hv to be my last resort as it might change the sound greatly, yes? no?.  Is it really no way that a toroidal transformer can be repair?