X-Mini II Capsule Speaker

This is a little more PC than audio, but I am keen to try it - low price good sound.

Any feedback and any ideas on where to buy?

I saw some WTS threads in HWZ advertising this for about $36 a piece?

I got my X-mini (single unit - older model) FOC when I signed up for Citibank credit card during the recent SITEX show.. :-)

hi pete,

i'm using the x-mini Max II as my pc speakers .. and i bring'em on the road with me when i travel. you're welcome to take a listen to them if you want. :)

hi bong,

hows the sound from the x-mini Max II?? is the treble very sharp and hv muddy bass like other conventional PC speakers? had been interested to get 1 pair as travelling speakers, but jus dun wish to buy a white elephant.  :P

hi bong,

hows the sound from the x-mini Max II?? is the treble very sharp and hv muddy bass like other conventional PC speakers? had been interested to get 1 pair as travelling speakers, but jus dun wish to buy a white elephant.  :P

i think that the sound is quite decent considering the size and portability. looking at the size, i controlled my expectations for the sound, and as a result i was pleasantly surprised. to me, it gave a very balanced presentation, without any particularly significant emphasis on either treble bass or mids. i'm not sure what your expectations are, but they more than suffice as travelling speakers for me. it helps that they are rechargable via usb too. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Those who interested withe X-Mini Capsule Speaker, there is a HSBC Credit Card promotion which you can get a X-Mini Max speaker for FREE.

Here is the link. http://www.hsbc.com.sg/1/2/hsbc.revolution

Limited to first 500 successful applicant.

Note: To qualify for the online promotion for X-miniTM MAX Capsule SpeakerTM  (the “Promotion”), all applications for the HSBC’s Revolution credit card must be submitted online at www.hsbc.com.sg/hsbc.revolution between 12.00am on 18 November 2008 and 11.59pm on 31 January 2009 (the “Promotion Period”).

Those who interested withe X-Mini Capsule Speaker, there is a HSBC Credit Card promotion which you can get a X-Mini Max speaker for FREE.

Here is the link. http://www.hsbc.com.sg/1/2/hsbc.revolution

Limited to first 500 successful applicant.

Note: To qualify for the online promotion for X-miniTM MAX Capsule SpeakerTM  (the “Promotion”), all applications for the HSBC’s Revolution credit card must be submitted online at www.hsbc.com.sg/hsbc.revolution between 12.00am on 18 November 2008 and 11.59pm on 31 January 2009 (the “Promotion Period”).

the problem with such stunts is you never know whether you are the first 500 successful applicant.

• 7 months later...

Just a word on this:

I finally got one of this for my travels, and the sound even from the first -gen one is amazing. For an outlay of $28 it gives pretty good sound and will be quite decent as a near field monitor. If you really crave bass, then grab a subwoofer module.

Otherwise it is pretty good for the money spent.

http://asia.cnet.com/crave/2007/08/03/x-mini-capsule-speaker/