3D glasses

I bought 2 3D blue ray movie.  Anyone know where I get buy a proper 3D glasses in Singapore ?   

Isn't those blu-ray 3D movies the magenta/green type and come with 2-4 pairs of such glasses? Those polarising 3D glasses are not compatible with the 3D technology that produced the magenta/green type of 3D images and would not work on such 3D blue ray movies.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have set up a 3D demo for my customer and I use the nVidia 3D Vision.

It comes with the 3D glasses and IR transmitter to time the shutter of the lens.  It costs US$186 at amazon.com.  You can also buy spare glasses without the transmitter.  All glasses are rechargeable using USB.

You need a high refresh monitor (Viewsonic 120Hz is what I used) and a good nVidia graphic card.

The result I got with the demo clips from the nVidia site is FANTASTIC!  The 24-Hour race in germany is really really good.

It also allow you to play your favorite games in 3D and when I load up Guitar Hero (PC version) , I play it in 3D which is something I even didn't realize I could do!! Old game, new 3D scenes!!

(Audio)

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

How many types of 3D glasses out there? I saw

1.Red Blue / Cyan 3D 3 Dimension Anaglyph Glasses

2.RealD Disney Digital 3D IMAX Polarizing Glasses

3.Nvidia GeForce 3D Vision Kit 3D Glasses

so exactly how many types of 3D glasses out there? are they using the same technologies? Would we see the same thing with different types of glasses?

I remember nVidia one is like reprocessing the whole thing and see it very differently through their own processor.  What about Anaglyph & Polarizing type? Are they using the similar technologies?

I have movies like Final Destination 4 that looks like this:

So what shall be the right glasses to "enjoy" it?

Hi all,

How many types of 3D glasses out there? I saw

1.Red Blue / Cyan 3D 3 Dimension Anaglyph Glasses

2.RealD Disney Digital 3D IMAX Polarizing Glasses

3.Nvidia GeForce 3D Vision Kit 3D Glasses

so exactly how many types of 3D glasses out there? are they using the same technologies? Would we see the same thing with different types of glasses?

I remember nVidia one is like reprocessing the whole thing and see it very differently through their own processor.  What about Anaglyph & Polarizing type? Are they using the similar technologies?

I have movies like Final Destination 4 that looks like this:

So what shall be the right glasses to "enjoy" it?

No. 1  ;)

So I will see no diff if I were to use No 2?

Yes.

In fact you can't even see the 3D effect properly if you had used the red/green 3D anaglyph glasses instead of the red/cyan ones. The red/green system was used in some of the 3D movies on DVD and BR eg Journey to the Centre of the Earth.