World First Certified THX Blu Ray player.

saw in today papers... lexicon. cost $5500.

any bro here went and try it out yet?

I would rather go for a separate stand-alone CDP with a separate Blu-Ray Player . I believe that will give me a better audio as well as HT with such a separate set-up and with some change to spare.

Any bros here have any comments on my suggestion above to get the best of both worlds or think it is better to pay $5500 for the Lexicon?

Don't think the Lexicon is targeting stereo guys.  Most likely it is a true-blue BD player.

It is also a CD/SACD as well as DVD Player. Pls refer to the Ad. In other words, this is a Multi-Disc Player, so what do you guys think, go for separates with change to spare or go all out and pay $5500 for an over-rated All-In-One player?

It is also a CD/SACD as well as DVD Player. Pls refer to the Ad. In other words, this is a Multi-Disc Player, so what do you guys think, go for separates with change to spare or go all out and pay $5500 for an over-rated All-In-One player?

I know.  However, the ad is selling THX certification, which means the selling point will be the PQ and SQ of BD.  Have you come across a THX CD or SACD player?  

Whether the PQ and SQ of BD is worth $5.5k...no one can tell until a A/B is done with the Oppo.

Is this one of those NATO threads?

I like to see TS or anyone else discussing about this player actually indicate an interest to Buy it or are another william maxtor?

The average HT user will be well served by even a basic BR player if the viewing diet is largely BR discs. The upscaling capabilities, get used if you watch SD DVDs and you are better served by a dedicated top of the line DVD player. The speed of access, firmware upgrades and ease of use will be more important considerations.

Some food for thought before we all shoot the breeze on this player...

BTW this debate on a foreign forum is very interesting:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/11099903-post89.html