himedia hd500, please read before you dive in.

wonder anyone noticing this interesting nmt? Hd channel receiver, tv recorder, media player, pps, bt, keyboard support, etc,. all roll into one! :o

i might be trading my beloved himedia300a for this. Price around 300 plus.   ;)

I am hoping the HD500 can support HD5. Its suppose to be released after Christmas. Hoping Playsmart can do a quick review/test of this new equipment.

http://bbs.himedia-tech.cn/viewthread.php?tid=17909&extra=page%3D1

Now the question is whether we should be getting HD500B-TH or HD500B-T to receive HD5. Is our 'gao qing' Euro  version or China/HKG version? Michael told me that he will be testing them as soon as they are received. Programmable recording of SD and HD5 program sounds sweet to me, and the 3.5" internal HDD slot and USB attachable BR player is like icing on the cake, can't wait! ;)

Edit: We need a DVB-T and H.264 support to decode HD5 which the 500B-TH has, so there shouldn't be any issue at all. See this wiki on HD5; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaCorp_HD5

Quote;

网络篇

强大的网络功能,不仅支持有线网络,而且支持USB WiFi,802.11N,最高速度达到300Mbps,解决家庭布线问题。

PPS,优酷等在线播放功能以及RSS新闻等,超多在线连续剧等您看

内嵌网络浏览器,可以直接上新浪等门户网站看新闻,支持USB无线鼠标和无线键盘操作

局域网共享播放,支持UPNP和SAMBA协议

Unquote

300mpbs!  :o

What system does Singapore use for HD broadcasting? Will equipments manufacturered for HK and China work in SIngapore.

Thanks

Bro, from my research it needs two things; DVB-T (europe standard) and H.264 decoder which the HD500B-T adequately endowed. The HD500B-TH is meant for HKG and China market. We Sinky follow Euro version (rojak). But there is another problem wor, we can't watch any sources store in the harddisk while recording TV program via the HD500-T. Unless you buy two media player.  :P

Maybe this is a good reason to have a C200 when the price soften a little. ;D

Guest comfortablynumb

Actually, I need advice from the experts here...

These chinese media players have incorporated chinese websites (sinaTV, PPS, youku etc..) for video-streaming only ie no recording.

Is there anyway to record these videos say, direct to hdd (for playback later) ?

I would also like to record the content  to by DVD-HDD recorder during playback. Is this possible?

2. As for going to Bukit Timah, I believe a BT client needs to be installed (or maybe it comes pre-installed?) to dl content to the hdd. Anyone confirm this?

Actually, I need advice from the experts here...

These chinese media players have incorporated chinese websites (sinaTV, PPS, youku etc..) for video-streaming only ie no recording.

Is there anyway to record these videos say, direct to hdd (for playback later) ?

I would also like to record the content  to by DVD-HDD recorder during playback. Is this possible?

2. As for going to Bukit Timah, I believe a BT client needs to be installed (or maybe it comes pre-installed?) to dl content to the hdd. Anyone confirm this?

No expert but;

1. Don't think so, there are a number of cina B.T. sites for this function if you use number 2 below. (All kena wiped out lately. Wait for a few more weeks for them to come out and play again).

2. Yes. Your HDD must have the client first. If you have data in the HDD before you try to install client it will automatically format the HDD and all old data gone.

Hope this helps.  ;)

Where can we go to have a look?  How much is the S$ price?

Sim Lim Square #06-58 Play Smart Pte Ltd.

I heard there is a tuner version and non-tuner version. Price should be S$350 +/-, I suppose, can't remember.

Demo set arrive this Tue / Wed.

**Currently the PPS issue kana jia la jia la, every one is in "watching mode", whether to buy or not to buy

Sim Lim Square #06-58 Play Smart Pte Ltd.

I heard there is a tuner version and non-tuner version. Price should be S$350 +/-, I suppose, can't remember.

Demo set arrive this Tue / Wed.

**Currently the PPS issue kana jia la jia la, every one is in "watching mode", whether to buy or not to buy

New address:

06-65/66

Made a trip to Playsmartsg and spoken to Mike. Accordingly;

1. PPS is still indefinitely down because China authorities are cleaning up all online streaming/BT sites. Hearsay the chenghu is coming up their own internet TV channels. You know la, the mass brainwash thingy that we are familiar with  :-X

2. Currently only HD500B is available at SGD299 special offer. It will auto format your 3.5" HDD and install BT client, obviously all prior data will be wiped off.

3. You can upgrade to HD500B-T by buying the digital tuner at SGD50 each 3 weeks later.

4. Most of you already knew; current SCV installed TV signal can't stream digital channels, so you need to buy an external antennae at SGD18 from SLT.

5. Realtek 1283 still cannot decode DTS-MA and Dolby HD due to hardware limitation, even if you use HDMI raw. It can only be downmixed to DTS etc..

6. The 500 GUI looks nicer than my 300A.

Here's what I gathered so far and may not be accurate. You may want to do your own research.