Anybody encounter prob with the new Denon 4310 amp?

Hi all,

Has ANybody bought Denon AVR 4310 amp ?? I've this prob of the screen going blank for 2 to 4 secs while playing the blu rays movies . The TV used is the Samsung full HD TV and it's hooked up to my PS3 to the new amp and output to TV . I've used another standalone blu ray player to test and the prob persisted . Any advice  ??

I did encounter some intermittent "static" on my old Denon 1910 DVD player HDMI but I believe a firmware upgrade fixed that. And that was years ago.

Samsung's HDMI implementation has often been the subject of much grief from what I recall.

Also, HDMI cables can be a bit flaky. I do remember that some perfectly good Monoprice cables had some problems with one BR player but not another.

What I recall is that to fix these issues is to turn off all the complex HDMI handshake protocols. I think Samsung's implementation of HDMI-CEC is not fully standard. It allows you to power off both devices with one press of the remote etc etc.

Personally have had no issues with my 4810 with the following HDMI sources:

Oppo BD-83

Toshiba XA2

Kaiboer NMT K-200

TVIX 4100

i think your Samsung LCD TV is the problem, just in my previous case, when connecting using RCA cable to my SAMSUNG L5 46" lcd tv to my 2310, screen pops up with noises, then blank for few sec and then come out with full horizontal lines. Then, I tried to connect my bluray player to my 2310 using HDMI cable on the 1st slot, and HDMI out to my samsung LCD tv, and it last until the movie finished. I feel that there should be a firmware problem with denon. But when i connect my 2310 to panasonic 50" plasma, everything works fine. So all blames to samsung lcd tv (my thought)

All HDMI equipment would take a couple of seconds to handshake when they connect.  This will also happen when you turn on something HDMI even when it is not actively in used.

Also, when a HDMI connectors / connection is not mating properly, you will expecting this kind of blankout intermittently.

Most of the times, it got NOTHING to do with the equipment, be it Denon, Onkyo, Marantz....or even Shinco....

(Audio)