Anyone using AudioQuest Speaker Cables with 72V DBS, like CV8?

Hi,

I am using a pair of SBW Rockefeller with a 72 DBS on my BC S300i --> B&W 804s.

For me it is definitely an improvement from a pair of QED XT300.

There are some controversial views on the DBS system though.. you can read about it here:-

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue18/audioquestdbs.htm

http://www.audioholics.com/education/cables/top-ten-signs-an-audio-cable-vendor-is-selling-you-snake-oil/audioquest-responds-to-top-10-snake-oil-article

My take on the DBS system is not so much on aligning the molecules of the insulation which what was being discussed in the controversy.  I like the thought of have a static 72V electrical field surrounding the wires feeding the audio signals which may drown out all other interfering electrical fields, if any.

Can someone with the DBS system confirms that the battery pack uses 6 pieces of 12V battery to give the total of 72VDC and not just 1.5V batteries that uses circuitry to actively generate the high voltage?

(Audio)

My take on the DBS system is not so much on aligning the molecules of the insulation which what was being discussed in the controversy.  I like the thought of have a static 72V electrical field surrounding the wires feeding the audio signals which may drown out all other interfering electrical fields, if any.

Can someone with the DBS system confirms that the battery pack uses 6 pieces of 12V battery to give the total of 72VDC and not just 1.5V batteries that uses circuitry to actively generate the high voltage?

(Audio)

I bought a pair of CV8 last week and just got it set up, still running in (the Expert Group advise) because i was too busy. Can confirmed again (once I reached home) if it uses 6 pieces of 12V batteries or 1.5v batteries. I thought I saw it is the 12V (camera) battries during the demo in showroom? and most likely it is.

Sound quality wise , feel that there is some improvement as comparing it with my AudioQuest mid-night MkIII cables. But I was thinking doing a AB comparison after I got more time to confirm my feelings are correct.

Will update you again on the battries voltage again.

Tze Ning

(Audio)

Hi Audio,

Yes, there are 6 x 12V battery in each DBS pack.

• 3 weeks later...

I have since switched to AudioQuest CV8 with 72V DBS on Front Left, Front Right and Centre.  As far as I am concerned it is an improvement over my previous cable.  The 72VDC bias was turned on during 26 Dec 2009 and it should be stabilized by now.

On top of the CV8 speaker cables, I have also switched to AudioQuest Sky Balanced XLR interconnects with 72V DBS on left and right channels since 1 Jan 2010.  Tonight I listened to the system and realized hat it is getting better by the day.

Tracks that was thought to be of inferior recording (high treble and sounds harsh) now sound so much better.  More detail, fuller body and good soundstage projection.

Simply unbelievable and a worthwhile investment.  Just a feedback to all of you who had help me to decide to try the cables.

(Audio)