Marantz M-CR502 - is this good for headphone listening?

Hi everybody,

I'm thinking of getting one of this for my bedroom to be plug to my headphones for listening to CDs.

http://www.marantz.com.sg/products/M-CR502-hl.html

It's priced about sgd360.

I am currently using  a cheap 5.1 All-in-one Pioneer set to listen to music at night via the headphones.. but it's lacking warmth and definition.

Do you think this one would be better?

Your advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you

Michael

Hi Micheal, never try this with headphone before but it sure sound fairly impressive playing on my RS 1. If u really want a live testing on your headphone n CD, u r most welcome to come over to my place to test it on a Sat or Sun. But u have to come to Toa payoh.  :)

Hi Sty,

Thanks for your offer.

i am thinking of bringing my headphones to the shop to try too... hope those retailers don't mind..

Hi Micheal, never try this with headphone before but it sure sound fairly impressive playing on my RS 1. If u really want a live testing on your headphone n CD, u r most welcome to come over to my place to test it on a Sat or Sun. But u have to come to Toa payoh.  :)

standalone Headphone amp will be better. However, i think it depends on your budget as well as requirement.

if your requirement is soley for headphone listening, then get the standalone amp. However, it will be tough to squeeze in a CD player as well with the same budget. Alternatively, get a CD player that has a headphone socket as well.

If you are not fussy, need to power a speaker as well as your hp, then it is not a bad buy as a bedroom set.

BTW, what headphone are you using?

Hi,

I have the audio technica ATH-M50 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones closed back.

I do not want to invest in another CD player because i got a NAD CD + Amp in the living room already and my wife already complain that's big and waste of space.. so need one which is much smaller. So that rules out the headphone amp if I do not get a CD player unless i use a portable one...

I like those tube sounds ... something warmth and does not need to have too much punch..