Sony X707ES CD Player

Anyone happen to own this unit b4? Someone was offering this 12yrs old cdp for $800 bucks with a laser pickup replacement recently. Does it worth the price now since 800 can get some very newer models?

hi bro, why take the risks? the laser unit used in this model is KSS-272A which is already obsolete years ago. owner claimed Sony S'pore changed his laser recently. i really doubt the credibility on that. this unit has been extinct worldwide, even major distributors are out of stock since a few years ago. the only way to get replacement is to working ones from models using the same laser, eg. x303es. u may ask why i know? i had this player and the laser died (there is life expectancy of every laser heads), and i tried to get Sony to replace. They claimed there is no stocks for this laser unit anymore, and there is no way they can get sources even overseas. next thing, i went to look for it in SIM LIM TOWER to try my luck, also to no avail. My last two tries was to get assistance from two reknown cd repair guys here locally and they claimed the same thing. with some miracle the seller who posted may have in great fortune got a replacement, but i am sure there are documentary proof if Sony did a replacement...eg. a receipt or a "service sticker" that usually attached on equipment serviced by Service Centres to present a warranty against the same fault.

wah thanks for the advises, guess i will look somewhere else then. So did u manage to get it up again?

i mentioned earlier "with some miracle the seller who posted may have in great fortune got a replacement". do miracles happen everyday? ;D or at least to me, no miracles has been experienced in my 38years of life yet.  ;D