Any good anti-glare filters for laptops?

• 4 months later...

Finally got round to installing a filter. Got it from a shop in SLS - #04-77; the guy who did it was very careful and meticulous in cleaning the screen and removing bubbles. Cost was about S$29.

The filter definitely gets rid of the glare and the screen is easily readable in locations where the glare used to be a problem.

On the downside the filter introduces some effect that is difficult to describe - the screen now looks like it has a texture of very small slightly bright dots that you can easily notice with light backgrounds like white or the grey-blue background of XP. Can't notice it on dark backgrounds. I don't find it too distracting, but it's possible that it could be annoying to some.

On the downside the filter introduces some effect that is difficult to describe - the screen now looks like it has a texture of very small slightly bright dots that you can easily notice with light backgrounds like white or the grey-blue background of XP. Can't notice it on dark backgrounds. I don't find it too distracting, but it's possible that it could be annoying to some.

Is like that one; my EEEPC comes like that.

Are you talking about the EEE PC's matte screen? I haven't seen it recently.

Most of my previous laptops (Thinkpads) with matte screens didn't have this problem. The Samsung N10s also have matte screens, but I haven't looked at them in any detail.

In the last few days I've noticed that the speckling, if that's the right term, is worse under some lighting conditions and quite annoying. I'm not sure if I'll keep the filter. Certainly the native matte laptop screens I've used in the past never had this problem.