Need help on calibration and suggestion.

Dear bros, friendly uncles...

I have had my HT set-up for 2 months plus now. And since i'm very newbie in sound knowledge as well as system setup. I would like to ask any friendly helpful bros/uncles to help me on the calibration and advice on how to maximize the potential of my setup. The current set-up are listed below:

Yamaha amp RXV665

Heco Metas 500 for front speakers with Black Rhodium Jive cable (no biwire currently-thinking of biwiring them but not sure what cable to buy.Should i just buy another set of the same cable and biwire them?)

Heco Metas Center 2 biwired with Black Rhodium Jive cable

Heco Metas Sub 30A with Black Rhodium Rhythm cable

Heco Victa 200 for Rear/Surround

Source: play everything (movies/musics) through Elektron NMT606

Note: the set up is in the living room with no acoustic treatment or anything.

I don't want to spend big amount on the upgrade for now hence i would like to seek yr advice on the small upgrades to improve the system such as: cabling, positioning, power source, settings, etc.

My house are 5 mins walk from Compasspoint (Sengkang). Hence do feel free to drop by and give me advice as well as help me on the calibration. Please text me at 97764345 to arrange if u can come and help me. Thank you so much.

Is it anything particular that you are not happy about? It is rather difficult to give advice blindly, without knowing if you think you have any specific problem.

However, I do think you should stick to a normal cable configuration in favour of bi-wiring. I just read this article, “why bi-wiring has no benefits”, and found it quite interesting since it gives some new prospectives into the bi-wiring.

If you give me more specifics about how you want the sound to improve then I might be able to assist you further.

Is it anything particular that you are not happy about? It is rather difficult to give advice blindly, without knowing if you think you have any specific problem.

However, I do think you should stick to a normal cable configuration in favour of bi-wiring. I just read this article, “why bi-wiring has no benefits”, and found it quite interesting since it gives some new prospectives into the bi-wiring.

If you give me more specifics about how you want the sound to improve then I might be able to assist you further.

Thank you so much for your response. I'm just in the quest of making the sound system to achieve its full potential. Eager to fully utilize its capacity. The only problem i feel now with my system (of course in my narrow knowledge of sound) is on the Center speaker where i still not satisfy with the dialog. I think i'll try to get the Emotiva XPA-3 to boost up the Front and Center portions. Because the Front has rating max at 280W and currently i only use the Yam at 90W. Is this a good idea to improve the system further with a noticeable  different in sound? For biwiring, I've just tried to see if it makes any different in the Center channel and I end up feel that there is a bit of change but not really impressive. What should i do to improve the dialog other than buying the XPA-3?

For the front speakers I did some test with the jumpers (replace the standard gold plated jumper with a piece of BlackRhodium Jive cable which has silver plated), i found the sound become more bright which i don't really enjoy it. I don't have enough BlackRhodium Jive to try in biwire mode for the Front hence i don't have any idea if it's better. What do u think about silver plated vs pure copper cabling effect on my system? I'm thinking of tryign the Ultralink Excelsior 2.4MkII (pure copper) for the Front spearkers, is this cable good?

In conclusion, as a beginner into Soundd systems i'm the quest to improve my current set up to its full potential. Hence any advice will be very much appreciated (but please don't advice me on changing the speakers since it will cost a big whole in my tight budget and i've just got my great Heco only for a few months). Thank you so much in advance for all of your advice.