2:3 speaker/amp switch

wizardofoz

I just built a rather special speaker/amp switch....

all signals are separately switched, i.e. L- in and R- in are not tied together (NOTE many cheap speaker switches use a common negative terminal for L&R)

2 to 3 in either direction, all fully powered in the following config with power off setting of A to 1 if anything is not powered on.

A and B switched via 2 DPDT relays (one for each channel) (can also test Bi wired capable speakers with 2 different cables on the same amp) - granted there will be some small common connection from the amp to the switch.

1, 2 and 3 switched via 4 DPDT relays

Pictures below

Rear

Internals

Thanks (BIG TIME) to Bro Francis for the Banana Binding posts. Cool

KOBA was the source for all the other bits 6 x DPDT relays very heavy duty break before make changeover type 12V at @$7 each, plus 3 SPDT switches and a cheapo case with +/-5V power supply (split = 10V) for $18 and some drilling later.

This will be used for speaker shootouts as and when the opportunity comes up. A 4m cabled remote operation is also in the works when I have time to do it.

Guest francis woo

Congratulations Wiz, you have finally done it....looks great.  Now, let's see who will be interested in the monitor speakers' shoot out.  Suggestions please................ :D