Nuforce Icon + FullRange Speakers

Am helping a friend of mine to setup a budget system in a room size of about 3m by 5m max.

Thinking of suggesting him Nuforce Icon(becos he need multiple inputs) and a Fostex FE103 based full ranger (the one sold by ahfart audio).

according to specs the FE103 has a sensitivty of 89db/m, Icon outputs 12W. Not sure if its an "ok" match.

Am helping a friend of mine to setup a budget system in a room size of about 3m by 5m max.

Thinking of suggesting him Nuforce Icon(becos he need multiple inputs) and a Fostex FE103 based full ranger (the one sold by ahfart audio).

according to specs the FE103 has a sensitivty of 89db/m, Icon outputs 12W. Not sure if its an "ok" match.

:-*  For budget system , tell your friend to get any of these :

MBL , GOLDMUND , FM ACOUSTIC

SONUS FABER , DYNAUDIO

which are ready available in singapore.

very good sound , no horse run.

By the way , how come NO owner of above mentioned amp ever contribute their experience here ?

Is this forum only of TannLoy , CampBridge Audio , Keff , Monitor-All-Teo , etc etc ?

;D  :D  ;D  :D  :P

Guest AndrewC

:-*  For budget system , tell your friend to get any of these :

SONUS FABER , DYNAUDIO

By the way , how come NO owner of above mentioned amp ever contribute their experience here ?

Is this forum only of TannLoy , CampBridge Audio , Keff , Monitor-All-Teo , etc etc ?

;D  :D  ;D  :D  :P

You sure sound like one of the trolls from Echoloft..... Let me guess, the f*nuts idiot.

Moderators, be aware.  >:(

:-*  For budget system , tell your friend to get any of these :

SONUS FABER , DYNAUDIO

;D  :D  ;D  :D  :P

XP is a peaceful forum, why playing the devil's advocate to stir up argument.

I have a Nuforce Icon system that I use with my PC for gaming and the first thing I would do is get the upgraded 42W power adaptor.

My icon is currently paired with the Nuforce S1 speakers and the Nuforce W1 subwoofer and they are a pretty good match up for the price. I don't know your budget but another speaker to try with the Icon would be the Mission M32i. 

XP is a peaceful forum, why playing the devil's advocate to stir up argument.

Because i pity those fools who waste their $$$ in modifying this and that , buying this and that

cables and other nonsense in the name of improving the sound !!!  :-X

Fair enough if somesone , don't have the money now  , buy a $2000 british amp , $1500 speaker , $1500 cd player.

it is all right. but these fools then buy all sort of nonsense to improve the sound.

if they really want a good hifi set , they should save all the $$$ to get a better amp/speaker.

the only neccessary things is good ofc pure copper cables and a good ac filter.  ;D

I dare you to invite us to listen to your setup la. Audio acuteness everyone different woh. I like durian for the bitterness some may like durian for the sweetness, and some may not like durian at all. Also got people see blue become green. How to have same kind of ears for everyone? But so far it seems you have expensive ears wor, how can impress us with yours? On bo on?    ;D

Audio madness,

You are not "mad", your last statement do make sense.

Let close this issue from here, shall we.

Have a nice day.

Because i pity those fools who waste their $$$ in modifying this and that , buying this and that

cables and other nonsense in the name of improving the sound !!!  :-X

Fair enough if somesone , don't have the money now  , buy a $2000 british amp , $1500 speaker , $1500 cd player.

it is all right. but these fools then buy all sort of nonsense to improve the sound.

if they really want a good hifi set , they should save all the $$$ to get a better amp/speaker.

the only neccessary things is good ofc pure copper cables and a good ac filter.  ;D

As he called "madness", having "very good & expensive" system & ear, and using the so-called good "OFC" cable but wondering not the "OCC" type  :o, then so be it lah.

I've a built-in speakers/cable(3m long/away from amp). Interested to get the Icon set but understand the speaker connection is diff from the normal. Any advice?

For the Icon, you need to terminate it with the ethernet cable connector (RJ-45). There's a diagram of it somewhere on the net for the positive and negative signals. I remember some bros here saying they got their custom termination done at LHS.